Proposal Writer and Content Specialist (Social Studies Specialist)
inquirED was founded by teachers with the mission of bringing inquiry-based learning to every student. Inquiry Journeys, inquirED’s elementary social studies curriculum, is used in schools and districts in 30+ states to help students develop deep social studies content knowledge and build the skills essential for a thriving democracy. We’re looking for a Social Studies Specialist to help us ensure we’re able to define and communicate how our curriculum addresses the needs of both varying states and districts.
We’re looking for someone who deeply understands varying state social studies standards and has a deep passion for understanding how inquiry-based teaching can be used to address those standards. The ideal candidate will be both equal parts researcher and communicator. They’ll be able to dive deep into our curriculum and state standards while also being able to clearly synthesize and communicate with stakeholders around how the curriculum meets their needs. In addition to supporting the District Sales team with collateral creation and presentation support, this person will lead both State Adoptions and RFP proposal writing.
In this role, you will:
- Own State Adoptions, working closely with Head of Growth, Product Marketing Manager, District Sales Team, and Creative Services to look ahead at upcoming adoptions and competitively position ourselves for successful adoption. And when adoption is in process, owning the process and ensuring we have everything we need to meet deadlines
- Collaborate with Product Marketing Manager and Product team to ensure product readiness in adoption states
- Own RFPs, manage proposal writing and submission process ensuring we have everything we need to meet deadlines
- Support Partnerships Executives in One to One sales enablement materials (vs. Product Marketing Manager that supports One to Many)
- Work closely with Curriculum team to develop roadmap that ensures correlation and alignment in target markets
- Classroom and School/District Administrator experience highly preferred
- 1-2 years experience in partner/customer facing role, ideally at K-12 curriculum or edtech company highly preferred
- Experience writing proposals and/or grants
- Familiarity with how state standards are created and adopted
- Fantastic written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to stay organized and track progress
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, feedback-driven environment
- A passion for inquirED’s mission to bring inquiry to every student
Why work for us
- Health & Wellness: Competitive medical, dental and vision plans.
- Impact: Growing start up where your voice matters and you can make a real impact.
- Work from Home: Almost all of our roles are fully remote - tech stipend included!
- Time Off: Flexible PTO plan that's about getting the work done, not clocking hours.
- Other Benefits: 401K matching, parental leave, and 12+ paid holidays
*Please note that because of high application volume, we are only able to respond to applicants moving forward in the process.
Must be U.S. based.
The base compensation range for this role is $70,000-90,000. Total compensation for this role also includes a full benefits package. This compensation range and title may be adjusted based on actual experience.
Bringing inquiry-based learning to every classroom.