Associate Learning Consultant - Leadership Development
About the Team
Our Human Resources team defies all conventional expectations and is a business-connected solutions provider. The work we do directly aligns with the company’s core areas of focus, and we ensure that associates and leaders are ready to support those strategic objectives. Our HR team is comprised of different departments, including Talent Acquisition, HR business partners, Learning & Development, Compensation & Benefits, and Shared Services. We enable meaningful careers for all and build our Associate Workplace Experience!
About the Location
This position may be considered Hybrid based on PetSmart’s FlexSmart policy and business needs. A Hybrid work arrangement is considered to be a blend of onsite and remote work activity. Associates with a Hybrid work arrangement have a work space at Phoenix Home Office and can be required to come onsite between 1-5 days a week as determined by leadership and based on business needs.
About the Job
The Associate Learning Consultant is responsible for delivering on the Learning and Development Strategy to create simple solutions to develop skills (interpersonal, technical, and professional) of all PetSmart associates, enabling them to deliver business results. This position will:
- Update and maintain existing learning materials (eLearnings, job aids, presentations, etc.) to ensure all content reaching end users is consistently kept current.
- Support, and in some cases lead the design and development of learning solutions for different areas of our business (Stores, Distribution Centers, Home Offices).
- Create solutions that are adopted and drive measurable impact to the business.
- Serve as Administrator for learning/leadership development platforms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Update and modify existing training materials based on best practices, policy/procedure/product updates, organizational changes, or for continuous improvement purposes.
- Manage multiple projects and priorities with overlapping timelines and project deadlines across multiple businesses (Stores, Distribution Centers, Home Office). Multi-tasking is key.
- Administration of learning/leadership development systems – including pulling reports, setting up assessments, in a timely manner.
- Support coordination of onsite events.
- Respond in a timely manner to team and business partners with solutions to problems and requests.
- Revise and rewrite content to shape it for learning needs.
- Proof Learning Consultant/Instructional Designers projects.
- Ensure content quality, accuracy, readability, and effectiveness.
- Demonstrate flexibility and effectively manage changes in project scope, timelines, and priorities.
- Work collaboratively with Learning Consultant/Instructional Designers and business partners to help determine and build appropriate training solutions.
- Assist in, and in some cases lead (small scale projects), the design and development of learning materials (i.e., posters, job aids, eLearnings, ILT, etc.) with an agile/flexible mindset.
- Ensure content quality, accuracy, relevance and timeliness for all content we create/collect.
- Create implementation plans for programs, ensuring high-quality participant experience, ongoing program sustainability and cost-effective use of resources.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS degree in Instructional Design, Adult Learning, Business or related field strongly preferred.
- 1-2 years related instructional design experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Field retail, corporate retail and/or distribution experience preferred.
- Anticipate and adapt to the changing needs of the business.
- Must possess a passion for learning and continuous improvement; must stay current with learning principles, trends and technologies.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Ability to identify, distill, and synthesize key concepts from complex subject matter.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment that demands high quality, creativity, and consistency.
- Must demonstrate excellent client service skills and have an upbeat attitude.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer literacy and technical expertise with graphic design and eLearning authoring software.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite 5 (CS5) and Articulate Storyline helpful.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment are characteristic of those found in a typical office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable those with disabilities to perform essential functions.
About the Culture
At PetSmart, we work hard to create a culture where every associate feels like they truly belong and we celebrate the unique stories, backgrounds, and experiences our associates share. These experiences not only bring new perspectives in shaping our Belonging culture but they’re core to PetSmart’s success.
Not sure if you meet 100% of the position requirements and whether you should apply? We’d still like to hear from you and encourage you to apply with us! You just may be the ideal candidate for this role, and if not this one, perhaps another position.
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- On-site Dog Park
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- On-site coffee bar
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility (associate paid)
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
- Learn more about #LifeAtPetSmart here: https://www.lifeatpetsmart.com/life-at-petsmart/
- Check out Associate stories and share in some celebrations at PetSmart: https://www.blog.lifeatpetsmart.com/
- Explore PetSmart Benefits here: https://benefits.petsmart.com/
- If you don't already live in the Phoenix area here's a guide to the area: Welcome to Phoenix Guide