COLLEGE & CAREER READINESS MANAGER
Guiding Students for Success!
AHC Inc. is seeking an experienced teaching professional ready to join the team that thrives in lifting the mission of AHC and committed to planning and delivering impactful, culturally inclusive, and resident-informed programming in multi-family or seniors apartment communities in Virginia.
AHC is actively developing affordable, workforce and mixed-income rental housing in Virginia, Washington DC, and Maryland and currently owns over 8,000 apartment units at more than 50 communities. AHC’s award-winning Resident Services program provides a robust range of trauma-informed wraparound services that focus on four key areas: education, financial resilience, health, and community building and engagement.
The “WHY” of the Resident Services Team:
AHC’s Resident Services team helps communities thrive by providing its residents with educational and social services programs to help them build more stable and successful lives. We work to provide services where people live and builds long-term and trusting relationships with families and individuals.
The College and Career Readiness program focuses on two main areas: 1) Providing resources for teens to stay in and graduate high school and go onto post-secondary options 2) Providing resources and tools to successfully make the transition to post-secondary education.
How the Career & College Readiness Manager Impacts the Work of AHC:
The purpose of the College and Career Readiness Manager is to manage the implementation and administration of the Project Discovery post-secondary college access program for teens in 11th-12th grade. Assist low-income and/or potential first-generation college youth in exploring post-secondary educational options. Provide specific case management to approximately 60 students to prepare them for success in post-secondary options and 20 graduates in their college careers. The CCRM should be available to work flexible hours including some evenings & occasional weekends.
- Lead and run a year-long Project Discovery post- secondary college access program for teens in 11th-12th grade. Serve as a resource for college information for all teens, parents, and staff at AHC properties.
- Work with high school personnel to establish an early connection with prospective students, track academic progress of current students, and maintain a partnership with schools through weekly school visits.
- Provide support, motivation, and supervision for CCR Coordinator and intern. Coordinate and supervise over 50 volunteers to work as tutors/mentors to help meet students’ needs.
- Develop teen workshops and offerings that better prepare youth for the College and Career Readiness program expectations.
- Maintain all records and data on students and complete data entry for ongoing accountability and reports. This includes the Project Discovery monthly grant reporting, maintenance for teen folders, and academic and goal data tracking.
What You Will Bring to AHC:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field plus at least 2-5 years of college and career readiness case management experience.
- Prior case management and advising experience.
- Experience supporting and motivating first generation youth.
- Cross-cultural competency and commitment to racial justice a must.
- Baseline knowledge of potential impacts of trauma and trauma-informed practices.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a diverse resident population.Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Good listener, collaborator, problem solver, good sense of humor and team spirit.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Experienced in piloting new programs and responding to changing opportunities and challenges.
- Strong organizational skills in communications, program planning, data collection and reporting.
- Commitment to the mission of AHC and the ability to work independently required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Database experience preferred.
- Spanish, Amharic or other relevant second language fluency strongly preferred.
Working at AHC:
Resident Services Team may work remotely on Fridays. To meet programming needs, Resident Services staff should be available to work outside of the normal business hours.
AHC is committed to promoting Equity in our work. Systemic inequity is a reality. As such, central to our mission is that we address it in whom we hire, how we engage with the community, and with whom we partner. We strive to advance initiatives that promote more equitable access to resources for residents and neighborhoods served by AHC, and we will accelerate our mission by advancing diversity, equity and inclusion among our industry peers and business partners.
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to submit a cover letter when applying.
Learn more about AHC by visiting our website www.ahcinc.org.
Developing Affordable Homes and Helping Communities Thrive