Sales Representative for K-12 Educational Marketplace
Position: Sales Representative for K-12 Educational Marketplace
Reports To: Division Manager
Summary: Achieves maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration for
Company by effectively selling its educational textbooks and digital products within an assigned territory. Personally contacts and secures new customers.
Territory: PA Public & Private Schools: Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Bedford, Blair, Butler, Cambria, Cameron, Centre, Clarion, Clearfield, Clinton, Crawford, Elk, Erie, Fayette, Forest, Fulton Greene, Huntingdon, Indiana, Jefferson, Lawrence, McKean, Mercer, Potter, Somerset, Venango, Warren, Washington, Westmoreland
Catholic Schools: PA Diocese of: Altoona-Johnstown, Erie, Greensburg, Pittsburgh,
NY Diocese of Buffalo, Rochester
WV Diocese: Wheeling-Charleston
· Promotes/sells/secures orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach.
· Demonstrates print and digital products and services to existing/potential customers and assists them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
· Meets territory sales quota each year.
Details of Responsibilities:
· Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory to generate new business for the Company’s products/services.
· Services existing accounts, obtains orders and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales opportunities.
· Makes telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
· Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
· Submits clear and effective written proposals/quotations by referring to price lists and product literature.
· Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers and potential customers in the Company’s CRM.
· Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities and potential for new products and services.
· Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products and delivery schedules.
· Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports and making recommendations to management, as appropriate.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies, as appropriate.
· Prepares and presents reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
· Participates in conventions, exhibits and sales meetings as requested by the Company.
· Travels to assigned territory, which may require overnight stays as appropriate.
· Has current knowledge of and complies with all Company policies, including T&E Policy.
Education, Experience, Skills Required:
· Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four year college or university; or five years related experience.
· Candidates for this position are preferred to have public-school teaching experience within the last 3 years. K-6 teaching experience is preferred.
· Strong technology background and aptitude required to sell and support a major growth area of the company, digital stand alone as well as blended print and digital products.
· Must be result-oriented and able to work independently.
· Must possess excellent communication skills.
· Must be proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite applications and customer relationship management software.
· Must possess valid driver’s license.
· Must demonstrate the following competencies: Customer Service, Meeting Sales Goals, Closing Skills, Territory Management, Prospecting Skills, Negotiation, Self-Confidence, Product Knowledge, Presentation Skills, Client Relationships, Motivation for Sales, Problem Solving and Consultative Sales Approach.
· Must have ability to travel from one customer location to another.
· Must routinely move materials and cartons weighing up to 25 pounds and set up and dismantle exhibits of Company materials for meetings, exhibits, conventions and events.
Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
William H. Sadlier, Inc.
William H. Sadlier, Inc.