Training Solutions Manager (California)
If you are looking for an opportunity to impact English Language programs in school districts through professional development and training, we have a position for you!
We are looking to add a charismatic, collaborative, and results-oriented Training Solutions Manager located within the state of California who will be responsible for leading onsite and online training to ensure that educators can utilize Ellevation to enhance their work for English Language Learners. Working closely within our Partner Success Organization, you will understand district priorities and show educators how to effectively use Ellevation’s suite of products.
This role will include travel to school districts to deliver onsite professional services that include training and professional development. You will collaborate with our Customer Success and Product Education teams to better understand district needs and help refine Ellevation’s training approach to ensure active engagement with the platform and instructional products.
As a Training Solutions Manager you will develop the essential skills to succeed in K-12 ELL professional development, and master the ways in which we deliver high-quality learning experiences for administrators, EL Specialists, and teachers. The Training Solutions Manager has a critical role in helping school districts learn and adopt Ellevation’s tools after implementation.
Here is what your first year with us looks like:
Within 1 month, you will:
- Onboard and learn about Ellevation, and the work we do to improve outcomes for EL students.
- Become familiar with our product offerings, and our customer landscape.
- Understand the Professional Services Team approach and how we work within the greater Partner Success Organization.
- Observe training planning calls, online and onsite trainings.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Independently plan and lead your first Ellevation training!
- Begin to gain proficiency with the Ellevation product suite and deepen product knowledge.
- Begin to use data to better understand how to deliver training to partners.
- In collaboration with Customer Success, engage with administrators in partner districts to plan for the training of the Ellevation software platform and instructional tools.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Grow your knowledge and skills as a trainer and deliver routine professional services to partners.
- Understand the impact Ellevation has on school districts and address individual partner needs.
- Analyze training data and results, and collaborate with internal teams to continually refine our approach to engaging and supporting our district partners.
Within 12 months, you will:
- Maintain high levels of training satisfaction, while managing partner expectations.
- Provide feedback to our Product Education team on training content and offer suggestions and ideas to improve our services.
- Communicate observations and feedback from our district partners to Ellevation’s Product and Engineering Teams in order to inform future product development efforts.
- Must be located in the state of California.
- Minimum two years of US-based K-12 teaching experience in a district/charter setting with a track record of raising student achievement
- Experience working with English Language Learners, and leading adult training
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to be an engaging public speaker and presenter
- Comfortable with technology and an interest in partnering with school districts to provide training on a software platform to drive change in education
- Exceptional time management skills, including the ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment, and is skilled at creating structure in ambiguous environments
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to help districts overcome barriers and maximize their use of Ellevation
- Travel requirements: Up to 80% with seasonal peaks. Work remotely from home office
- Be available to train on Saturdays if requested.
$70,000 - $80,000 a year
Ellevation is transparent about its approach to pay which includes competitive base salary, annual performance-based raise, and bonus (or commission for sales positions). The salary range for this role is $70,000 to $80,000 and the budgeted target is the midpoint, commensurate with candidate experience and internal parity. Our philosophy is that the full range is indicative of growth during employment. In addition, we provide comprehensive benefits to all full-time employees.
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help educators serve the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Learners (ELs). Ellevation helps school districts transform their Multilingual Learner programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations. Our product suite includes a best-in-class data and instructional planning platform, resources to build teacher capacity, and student-facing programs to teach academic language.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company partnering with over 1,200 school districts and more than 3 million current and former English Learners. Over the next five years, we plan to double the number of ELs we serve and drive measurable outcomes for students. Ellevation merged with Curriculum Associates in 2021 to accelerate impact for Multilingual Learners. Our company continues to operate independently and is well-capitalized to support our ambitious social and financial objectives.
In addition to our great benefits and competitive salaries, here are some things that make us unique:
+ Mission-driven organization where team members are empowered to make a significant impact
+ Opportunities to join DEIB-focused groups and support building a culture of belonging
+ Professional development and growth opportunities
+ Company and team offsites in various cities across the United States
+ Collaborative workspace in the heart of Boston - a stone's throw from many central T stops (Downtown Crossing, Government Center, and Aquarium). Free snacks, beverages, and local organic fruit provided
+ Remote and in-person engagement opportunities, including happy hours, themed events, and competitions
+ Remote and in-person wellness programming to support team’s mental and physical wellbeing
Learn more about our team in our Culture Deck.
Here at Ellevation, we champion diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging. We strive to build a team that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values a range of ideas and opinions.
We believe in building a culture where productivity can flourish, one that is empathetic, respectful, and inclusive. We are proud to have been recognized in prior years as “Best Tech Workplace for Diversity” by the Timmy Awards for investing in training around inclusive behaviors, microaggressions, unconscious bias, and fostering a culture of continuous learning and feedback across the company. We are encouraged by our progress, but there’s more work to be done.
Benefits – Benefits eligible employees (and qualifying dependents) are covered by medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees can enroll in our company’s 401(k) retirement plan and receive an employer match up to 7%. Employees have access to flexible paid time off for vacations, sick and disability policy, additional 10 paid company holidays, 2 floating holidays and a winter office closure between Christmas and New Year's. In addition, we provide a generous parental leave benefit, back-up childcare or eldercare, and a variety of other perks to support the health and well-being of our employees.
Additional Information: Ellevation operates under Curriculum Associates, LLC, an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Privacy Rights Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.
Your application has been successfully submitted.