Professional Learning Specialist, Literacy or STEM (Part-Time, Contractor)
A pioneer in K–12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products help teachers identify the targeted instruction students need to build a strong foundation in early reading and math. All of our programs provide educators with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of every student. Today, Amplify serves more than 10 million students in all 50 states. For more information, visit amplify.com.
Amplify is seeking part-time Professional Learning Specialists, Literacy or STEM with a background in teaching, coaching, and/or school leadership to join our professional development team and make a nation-wide impact on educators and students in Summer 2023 and beyond. Upon applying, you will be able to indicate your specific area of subject matter expertise.
Our Professional Learning Specialists (PLS) will be responsible for facilitating high-quality professional development in a Literacy or STEM program to teachers and school leaders, ensuring educators feel confident taking steps to implement our programs and ultimately drive student success. This role is a fantastic opportunity for current educators, educators transitioning out of the classroom, or retired educators to develop their leadership and adult facilitation skills, gain a deeper knowledge of Amplify’s research-based products, join a network of fellow education leaders, and extend their impact.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and maintain expertise on key concepts for an Amplify Literacy or STEM program and its related professional development offerings
- Participate in paid remote and onsite training in April, May or June 2023 to become a certified Professional Learning Specialist
- Deliver at least 10 days of remote and onsite professional development for approximately 30-40 educators during the Ready For School summer season (beginning of May to end of September)
- Understand customers’ unique contexts and deliver professional development to meets their needs
- Engage in internal professional development, such as being observed, receiving feedback and being coached in order to support you to consistently deliver excellent professional development
- Track and complete deliverables related to session logistics in a timely manner
To find out more about the role, click here.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2+ years of experience in teaching and/or coaching educators in Pre-K to Grade 12
- Proven knowledge of adult learning principles and experience applying them when delivering learning experiences to adults
- Strong knowledge around best practices for implementing high-quality instruction in math, science or literacy in order for students to meet and exceed rigorous grade level standards
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate onsite and remote professional development for teachers and/or leaders
- Excellent skill and comfort with technology-based productivity tools, including Microsoft Office, Google Applications and video conferencing programs (Google Meet, Zoom, Microsoft Teams)
- Exceptional interpersonal and written/oral communication skills
- High comfort with navigating ambiguity and responding confidently to in-the-moment challenges or concerns in order to meet customer needs
- Proven time management skills when managing multiple tasks
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years of experience in teaching and/or coaching educators in a school or district using an Amplify program
- Experience working with diverse student populations (English learners, SPED, Gifted/Talented, etc.)
- Year-round availability beyond our summer season (October to end of April) for continued contract work
Time commitment: Professional Learning Specialists must complete a month-long onboarding process that takes place in April, May, or June 2023 to become certified to deliver Amplify PD. Onboarding consists of approximately 15-20 hours a week of asynchronous courses, live virtual meetings, and a two day in person training during the third week of onboarding. PLS will be compensated for their time.
Once certified, Professional Learning Specialists are scheduled on an as-needed basis. Schedules will be highly dependent on customer demand, and professional development is scheduled with partners during normal school hours across all US time zones. Our summer season begins May and continues through the end of September. All Professional Learning Specialists are asked to prioritize being available during our entire summer season and especially available between July 15th until the end of August 2023 (when we receive our highest volume of training requests). If you are interested in year-round work, we deliver professional development throughout the school year and look forward to high performing Professional Learning Specialists continuing beyond the end of August.
Location: This position requires that Professional Learning Specialists are permitted to work in the US, have residency in the US and possess a valid US driver’s license. If selected, a regional assignment will be issued, but you may be asked to deliver sessions throughout the country based on business needs.
Travel: Travel is required and considered an essential function of the job. Travel includes overnight stays at hotels and transportation via car, plane, and/or public transportation, sometimes with minimal advance notice. All travel-related expenses for professional development delivery are initially paid in advance by the Professional Learning Specialists (eg, lodging, daily meals). Reimbursements for these expenses - including mileage if driving your own car and compensation for time traveling - will be processed 2-3 weeks following submission of the expense reimbursement requests.
Documentation: If selected, a background check and proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required. The latter is subject to potential reasonable accommodation due to medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs.
Equipment: This position requires reliable home internet that can support video calls on Google Meet and Zoom and a quiet, professional place to deliver remote professional development. Professional Learning Specialists must be able to supply personal equipment necessary to deliver professional development both remotely and onsite (e.g., laptop, microphone, portable speakers and accessory HDMI adaptors).
Benefits: Ability to keep all travel points for flights and hotels booked for work-related travel. Mileage reimbursement may be available for applicable travel.
Start Date: There will be 3 options for start dates for this position:
- Cohort 1 will begin asynchronous onboarding on April 10, 2023
- Cohort 2 will begin asynchronous onboarding on May 8, 2023
- Cohort 3 will begin asynchronous onboarding on June 5, 2023
Qualified candidates who submit applications:
- Before February 17 will receive an invitation to interview and deliver a pre-interview activity between February 21 - March 10.
- Before March 17 will receive an invitation to interview and deliver a pre-interview activity between March 20 - April 7.
- Before April 14 will receive an invitation to interview and deliver a pre-interview activity between April 17 - May 5.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Amplify hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domain amplify.com.
We offer a competitive salary and provide compensation for delivering professional development, session preparation, travel and onboarding/internal training. The salary for this position is $450/day and $50/hr for delivering sessions, $25/hr for session preparation, $25/hr for travel and $15/hr for onboarding and internal training. Upon the successful delivery of 10 full-day professional development sessions during our summer season, Professional Learning Specialists will be eligible for a one-time bonus of $450 for all curriculum, intervention and assessment programs and a one-time bonus of $250 for all supplemental programs. Amplify sets salaries through a lens of equity, and based on the requisite skills, education, and experience relevant to the role. As such, rates are non-negotiable for this role in order to maintain equity.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.
Your application has been successfully submitted.