At Instructure, we believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their lives. Our goal is to amplify that power by creating intuitive products that simplify learning and personal development, facilitate meaningful relationships, and inspire people to further their education and careers. We do this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesomeness. And that's where you come in!
Instructure is seeking an innovative Instructional Designer to create amazing learning experiences, provide ongoing training to employees at all levels, and assist with career development and progression in a fast-paced, get-stuff-done environment. This position will partner with the People Success team to plan, coordinate, organize, develop, administer, and facilitate employee learning, development, and onboarding programs.
What you will be doing:
- Create unparalleled employee experiences as you consult and collaborate with a small team to design and build world-class learning experiences (online, f2f, synchronous, asynchronous, hybrid, essentially, all the things).
- Collaborate with People Success Partners to conduct a needs analysis to identify training opportunities with a high ROI.
- Design and develop practical, effective, and innovative training solutions that incorporate facilitator guides, slide decks, and job aids using rapid prototyping, ADDIE, and agile development.
- Organize training schedules, handle employee and manager notifications and serve as a point of contact for training-related issues and logistics.
- Track and measure the effectiveness of training initiatives.
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) or leverage your own knowledge to create career development, DEI, and leadership programs.
- Deploy HTML offerings within the limitations of the Rich Content Editor in Canvas.
- Incorporate best practices for innovative and engaging learning and iterate on existing content to increase impacts.
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, adult learning, education technology, curriculum & instruction, or other related fields
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience developing and facilitating training
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as active listening skills to promote effective training
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with people at all levels of the organization as well as subject matter experts outside of the organization
- Demonstrated exceptional Canvas LMS instructional design experience
- A strong portfolio demonstrating mad skills in designing and building learning experiences
- Broad background in creating engaging digital content while applying instructional design best practices and incorporating learning theories
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple assignments while meeting project deadlines
- Proficiency in using project management software, utilizing spreadsheet formulas, and streamlining processes to increase efficiency
- Understanding key design concepts such as ADDIE, UDL, accessibility issues, copyright, and effective assessment strategies
- Confident, self-starter with a desire for continuous improvement and innovation and the ability to work with minimal direction
- Willingness to be flexible with work schedule, including evenings, weekends, variable shifts, and travel as needed
- Ongoing contribution to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds
- Understanding of Catalog, Canvas Credentials, and Impact is a plus
- Experience with basic HTML, graphic design, instructional design software, authoring tools, and LTIs is a plus
- Required: Cover letter, Resume & Screencast
- Please include a personalized cover letter and share why you’d like to work for Instructure as an Instructional Designer. Additionally, submit a 4-5 minute screencast where you share your computer display and demonstrate your own instructional design work in a Canvas course. If the course you show was collaborative in nature, identify your role and contribution. Your screencast can be work you created previously for a client, school assignment, or a new creation. If you need access to Canvas, use the Canvas Free for Teacher account. The screencast should include a tour of a Canvas course, showing the home page, module structures, and a smattering of content. Once your screencast is complete, please include the link to your screencast and Canvas course as part of your application process.
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
At Instructure we participate in E-Verify and yes, in case you didn't catch it from the above, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.
Your application has been successfully submitted.