The Application Trainer is responsible for the delivery of both on-site and virtual training of Tyler’s Courts and Justice software solutions. The position is client-facing and requires the application of adult learning knowledge, hands-on instruction and an understanding of courts and justice solutions to achieve desired results.
- Deliver live, virtual training courses covering Tyler Courts and Justice software products
- Create, refine, and deliver written materials in support of training initiatives
- Assist in the planning and organization of training assignments, in line with project deadlines and expectations set forth by management and the client contract
- Manage multiple client training tracks simultaneously to deliver engaging, customized instruction, while engaging in content production and refinement
- Curate existing client-facing documentation, ensuring adherence to Tyler brand standards, and keeping all documentation current and adapted to the most current release.
- Schedule and coordinate all aspects of training execution, including virtual platform, date/time, materials, and attendance
- Coordinate with client and project team to address specific client needs or requests, and to gather unique client information.
- Collect, compile, and report results of training engagements, including satisfaction survey results in a Training Completion Report for each client
- Facilitate learning using a variety of instructional methods and activities to maintain user engagement
- Provide hands-on practice opportunities through guided exercises and independent practice scenarios
- Support and coach users with varying levels of technical proficiency, as they gain mastery of the software. Remediate and guide those who require additional reinforcement of content
- Represent the Tyler brand, mission, and values at all times, with clients and fellow employees
- Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned
Chicago, Illinois | Remote
- BA/BS in Education, Communications, or another applicable degree required
- Must live in Illinois
- Previous experience training or onboarding a plus
- Foundational knowledge of adult learning theory and the application of learning science required
- Ability to learn independently and manage competing priorities, while constantly expanding knowledge and skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication, strong customer service instincts, and teamwork
- A “do what it takes” approach to solving problems and delivering quality learning experiences
- A positive attitude and the ability to calm those around you
- Excellent people skills and the ability to build relationships
- A strong work ethic and sense of ownership in all efforts
- Knowledge of Tyler’s Courts and Justice product suite a plus
Your application has been successfully submitted.