We're currently looking for a NextWave STEM Mentor who will be responsible for facilitating hands-on STEM enrichment programs using NWS’s proprietary curricula at our partner schools or community organizations. Our programs are designed to be delivered in-person, remotely, or in a hybrid model. We provide the training and materials, and you provide exciting and engaging experiences for students.
If you enjoy working with kids, and if you want to work for mission driven organization, we want to connect with you! We are looking for facilitators who have experience with elementary, middle, and/or high school-aged kids. STEM teaching experience is a plus but not necessary. We offer training for our facilitators in our different technologies such as drones, 3D technology-modeling and printing, robotics, and more. Teacher certification is not required.
This Job Is:
- A good fit for college students, retirees, former teachers, and tutors.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree or currently pursuing a degree. (preferred)
- Experience working with children.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High-degree of integrity and reliability
- Familiarity with and interest in emerging technologies such as drones, robotics, 3D printing, AI, solar power and renewable energy is a plus but not required.
- Growth mindset and the willingness to self-reflect
- Spanish-speaking ability is a plus
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Powering STEM Education Through Emerging Technologies