GME Resident Program Coordinator
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) GME Program Coordinator you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join HCA Florida Bayonet Point Hospital which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
HCA Florida Bayonet Point Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) GME Program Coordinator where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
We are currently recruiting for a Graduate Medical Education Coordinator to join our team! As our GME Coordinator, you will assist the Director in developing and maintaining the educational quality of the Graduate Medical Education training program.
We are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
What you will do in this role:
- You will assess and direct program including recruiting trainees, analyzing administrative workflow, maintaining databases and managing internal and external program relations.
- You will establish relationships and act as a liaison between residents and hospital administration, other hospitals, internal departments, and divisions regarding resident recruitment, orientation, and external rotations.
- You will track, report, and ensure compliance with procedures.
- You will manage materials for specialty-specific trainee exams and may assist with proctoring exams.
- You will plan departmental annual events including recruitment, orientation, graduation, faculty retreats, as well as various program-related events.
- You will organize meetings and prepare materials for conferences and lectures.
- You will coordinate medical student rotations.
- You will create and/or maintain external program advertising/media through websites and publications. You will maintain program’s website.
- You will track and process paperwork for all visas; verify trainees’ status and activities as needed.
- You will assist in the preparation for ACGME Site Visits and internal reviews.
What Qualifications you will need:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED); Bachelor’s degree desired.
- One year previous experience in administration and/or office management in an academic health care setting preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint
- Critical thinking, service excellence and strong communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Florida Bayonet Point Hospital has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital. We are a designated Level II Trauma Center. We are located in Hudson, FL. We are home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians and 1,300 colleagues. We were the first hospital to be built in northwest Pasco County. We are also the first to deliver a comprehensive cardiac and open heart program. Our quality programs have been recognized for excellence. Bayonet Point Hospital has earned a reputation for providing innovative care.
Our nationally recognized Heart Institute, Accredited Stroke Center, Accredited Chest Pain Center, Cancer Care, Orthopedic, and Neurosurgery programs are all examples of the high quality results we produce. We provide comprehensive cardiac services. We have performed over 100,000 procedures since opening our doors. We have a commitment to excellence. We hope you’ll consider a career at Bayonet Point Hospital.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for ten consecutive years (2010-2019). In 2019, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our GME Program Coordinator opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.