Customer Success Manager - Education
We are looking for a CSM who has impeccable relationship-building, negotiation and objection handling skills. We are looking for a problem solver not afraid to think outside the box and are customer centric in everything they do. Our CSM’s act as the voice of the customer internally and take a 360 view of the customer by focusing on leading indicators that influence customer churn, engagement and growth. This role will have a primary focus working with our educational customers in the K12 space on usage and renewals, with some upselling in order to reach net retention targets.
ThoughtExchange is one of Canada’s fastest growing companies and is the only Enterprise Discussion Management platform powered by patented anti-bias technology. Modern leaders use ThoughtExchange to quickly gain critical insights and improve strategic decision making. With backing from some of the top investors in North America, ThoughtExchange is trusted by leaders across the globe to drive pivotal discussions at scale.
At ThoughtExchange, we want to help you take your career to the next level where you’ll have the support and collaboration of the team to help us reach our goal which is to create lifelong customers. Customer Success Managers (CSMs) at ThoughtExchange play an imperative role supporting this goal by creating happy, healthy customers who understand, internalize and realize the value of ThoughtExchange.
Please note this role is remote and open to candidates based in Canada.
- Execute on ThoughtExchange engagements with customers & leaders
- Use data and leading indicators to proactively identify customer risk and work to improve customer health
- Understand what value means to the customer via ongoing discovery and success planning
- Provide customers with quarterly business reviews/reports
- Proactively engage with existing customers to review overall account health, customer outcomes, new product offerings, and consult to help sustain and grow our footprint in these accounts
- Follow a strategic and commercial approach to managing the end-to-end renewal process for a portfolio of assigned customer accounts
- Actively look for and close opportunities for upsells within existing accounts
- Deeply understand customer needs for product features, and advocate for these to internal product teams
- Support our Anti-Racism and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (ADEI) mandate by (at a minimum) being aware of our ADEI commitment and initiatives and completing all mandatory ADEI trainings
What we think is true about you:
- Experience managing a book of business, experience with renewals is preferred
- Experience training and coaching clients on software
- Experience working in the education vertical is preferred
- Demonstrated customer relationship management skills
- Ability to understand and leverage customer data to inform actions
- Strong listening skills and responsive to customer needs in order to drive value from the product
- Experience objection handling and managing conflict
- Collaborative with excellent relationship building and stakeholder management skills
- Strong communication skills with organizational levels
- Process-oriented with good planning, prioritization and time management skills
Travel requirements (as it’s safe to do so): Under pre-COVID circumstances, CSM’s traveled multiple times per year to attend sales conferences, provide in-person sessions facilitation and training and visit ThoughtExchange partners. If/when travel restrictions lift and employees feel safe to do so, travel for the above purposes could once again become more regular.
If you don’t see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups often only apply when they feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientations, and life experiences to apply.
ThoughtExchange welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Support is available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Finally, we know from time to time emergencies happen and you may need to reschedule an interview - we understand and encourage you to be in communication without worrying about losing the opportunity or your credibility.
Mutual respect and reciprocation are the lifeblood of our company. And a working relationship isn’t just about what you can do for us - it’s also about who we are, and what we can do for you.
Who we are:
• Over 180 inspired people work at ThoughtExchange. Their collective experience, ranging from academia to nonprofit to “I’m a high-school dropout who loves Brené Brown’s work and really wants to make a difference”, make our company the very special place it is.
• Our investors believe in us, too. We’ve previously closed over $18M of investment from some of Canada’s top angels, and we recently closed $34 million in Series B funding with a syndicate of incredible US and Canadian investors. To say that we are ready for take off is an understatement.
What we offer:
• Growth and opportunity. Sure, we offer perks such as training and professional development. But beyond that, you’ll find yourself surrounded by mentors from all walks of life, each with a unique set of skills and experience that brought them here.
• Community. We like getting to know one another both in and out of the workplace, whether it’s collaborating in our virtual company meetings, connecting over donut dates or getting together in our offices or on the road.
• Fulfillment. It’s hard to find yourself counting down the days until Friday when you can see and feel the impact what you’re doing makes on the world. Take a skim through our blog and see what we mean.
• Job satisfaction. We don’t mean to brag, but people love working here.
• Work and life. If we’re not able to take work out of our life when we need to, we’re not able to put our life into our work when we want to. With flexible working, an open annual vacation policy and remote work opportunities, make anywhere your office.
• Ownership. In addition to competitive pay and benefits, employees receive share options when joining the company. Additional options are awarded throughout your ThoughtExchange career based on ongoing contributions to the company.
Your application has been successfully submitted.