Community Partnerships Manager
Click Apply to submit your online application. Please attach a resume and thoughtful cover letter on the "My Experience" page in the "Resume/CV" field.
Work Location:100% On-Site
$50,000 - $60,000
City Year Tulsa seeks an experienced, collaborative, and innovative Community Partnerships Manager. This role will supplement the efforts of the National Recruitment and Admissions team by identifying and developing local Tulsa area partnerships, as well as adding capacity to local recruiting efforts, to create a strong pipeline of prospective City Year Tulsa AmeriCorps Members.
The manager will be responsible for leveraging new and existing partnerships with a variety of organizations that are serving youth across Tulsa and the surrounding areas to increase awareness of the opportunity to serve as a member of the City Year Tulsa team for young adults ages 17-25. This position will require travel in and around the Tulsa community. It is an opportunity to branch out into the community and create access to what it looks like to serve as a City Year Tulsa AmeriCorps member. A significant portion of this role’s time will be in the community, building relationships with partners and prospective AmeriCorps members. This position will report to the Director of People and Operations.Job Description
- Identify and assess youth-facing organizations within Tulsa to supplement national recruitment partners.
- Build a strategic partnership plan inclusive of goals, strategies, and tactics to facilitate recruiting leads for City Year Tulsa.
- Implement cultivation strategies to increase City Year brand awareness among champions within each partner institution and opportunities for them to promote City Year to prospects
- Identify opportunities to promote City Year service directly to prospects through events, community presentations, champion introductions, facilitating professional development workshops, etc.
- Partner closely with members of the national Recruitment & Admissions team to support a successful hand-off from local sourcing to the nationally led application and admissions process
- Partner with the national recruitment and marketing teams to help tell the City Year Tulsa’s story, its impact and AmeriCorps member experience.
- Support the engagement of Confirmed AmeriCorps Members to ensure a strong start to their service year alongside the site and Service Year Advisor
- Collaboratively partner with other City Year Tulsa staff members to create a positive AmeriCorps Member Experience throughout the service year.
- Passionate about recruiting a high-quality and diverse corps for our students
- Anchored in a commitment to diversity, belonging, equity and inclusion
- Enjoy meeting and engaging with new people
- Organized and can support multiple candidates and partnerships at varying stages in the recruitment process
- Always seeking to learn, improve and innovate
- 1-3 years of professional experience in recruitment/youth development/community development
- Strong communication, writing, and editing skills to ensure connectivity to mission and appropriate style and usage.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with competing deadlines and take the initiative in managing several projects with the utmost attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work with individuals with diverse backgrounds, interests, and skills.
- Strong affinity to diversity, belonging, inclusion, and equity work and practices.
- Proven interpersonal skills with an ability to build capacity in peers.
- Solution-oriented critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills and a positive attitude.
- Ability to work well independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Passion for and understanding of City Year’s work within the national service movement and education sphere
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Platforms, including Excel
Note from the hiring manager: Don’t have all the qualifications listed? Don’t worry about it. If you’re interested, I’d love for you to apply so I can learn a bit more about why you might be the perfect addition to our team!
Full-time employees will be eligible for all benefits, including vacation, sick days, and organization holidays. You may participate in all benefit programs that City Year establishes and makes available to eligible employees, under (and subject to all provisions of) the plan documents that govern those programs. Currently, City Year offers medical, dental and vision, life, accidental death and dismemberment, and disability coverage, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), and other benefits, including 401(k) plan(s) pursuant to the terms and conditions of company policy and the 401(k)-plan document. For more information, click here.
As an equal opportunity employer, City Year is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
City Year encourages people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply, particularly Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC); those who are first in their family to attend college; adults without a college degree; LGBTQIA+ community; and people from low-income backgrounds.
Employment at City Year is at-will.
City Year does not sponsor work authorization visas.
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our employees, AmeriCorps members, their families, our students and school partners, and the community at large from COVID-19. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment and service – all staff members, including remote staff and AmeriCorps members, are required to be fully vaccinated by November 19, 2021, or by your start date, if after November 19, 2021. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs, we will consider requests for reasonable accommodation consistent with our policy and where we are able to provide such accommodations without undue hardship to the organization pursuant to applicable law. Notwithstanding any language herein, City Year will comply with any state, local, or federal orders, statutes, or regulations that may conflict with the COVID-19 vaccination policy.
*Individuals are considered fully vaccinated 14 days after receiving the second dose of a two-dose vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) or one dose of a single-dose vaccination (Johnson & Johnson).
Your application has been successfully submitted.