Science Content Creator (Contractor)
Inspirit: The ultimate 3D and VR science toolkit
At Inspirit, we’re building the platform for people to teach and learn in 3D and VR. Think Kahoot in VR. Think Google Slides in 3D.
With Inspirit, you can bring the power of immersive & interactive learning to your science classrooms today, across all devices (web/laptop and VR headsets). Our founders started Inspirit while doing research in VR & education at Stanford University and Georgia Tech, and have since grown Inspirit into a community of 500K+ students and teachers in the last 6 months alone. We offer full coverage of biology, chemistry, and physics in 3D and VR, and are adding to our library every day.
We’ve crossed 500K+ users, raised over $7.5M to date, and continue to grow rapidly WoW. In the last 12 months, Inspirit has won the SXSW EDU Launch Competition, made it to the top 10 in the ASU GSV international GSV Cup, and been nominated to the Forbes Under 30 2022 List in Education (North America).
Built by Stanford and Georgia Tech grads, and backed by founders & operators at Oculus, Yahoo, Duolingo, and more, Inspirit aims to disrupt the $200bn global online learning market by building the education platform for learning in 3D & VR.
What Will You Do? 👩💼
- Develop scripts for interactive 3D web and VR simulations for high school Biology, Chemistry, and Physics that help teach difficult science concepts to learners across the world
- Create high quality teacher kits and student worksheets worksheets from scratch
- Create VR spirits (powerpoints) to go with your teacher kits, science simulations, and Inspirit’s breakable 3D models for teachers to use in their classrooms
- Create standards-aligned content
- Bring your high school science teaching and lab experience to your work to develop accessible solutions for science teachers across the globe
- Deliver on tight timelines
- Create content that meets quality standards, including accuracy and adherence to product goals
- Participate in the creative process from start to finish
What Skills Do you Need to Succeed? 🎆
- Bachelor’s degree in education or a related field
- Currently teaching high school physics, chemistry, or biology
- Ability to research, build and set a curriculum that is aligned with the US K12 syllabus
- Collaborate with other departments to create innovative content ideas
- Deep understanding of developing study material for a Gen Z audience
- Excellent writing skills as well as the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively
- Ability to consistently meet tight deadlines
- Open to incorporating feedback and swift changes in project scope
- Understanding of storytelling form and techniques
- Ability to create engaging content that draws parallels to the world outside the textbook
- You are passionate about working in the science/STEM education space
- You work with integrity and humility
Why we love working here 🤟
- We are committed to transforming education and making a difference in the lives of the teachers and students we serve
- We serve the next generation of (Gen-Z) learners: this comes with exciting new opportunities to build a truly unique product, design, brand, and identity
- We have a diverse and global team that works together on a daily basis to make our dreams a reality
- We are a remote-first company: all you need for work is your laptop and high-speed internet!
- We have a work-hard, play-hard culture: we work hard to meet our deadlines, but we also know how to celebrate after!
Your application has been successfully submitted.