L&D Employee Engagement Specialist
SweetRush has an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join our team as an L&D Employee Engagement Specialist
Location: 40-mile radius from Jersey City, NJ
Who We Are
SweetRush is a consulting, design, and staffing firm specializing in HR-related services that help foster life-centered businesses and organizations. Our work includes designing unique learning experiences using agency-level graphics and leading-edge technology; creating high-performing cultures, leaders, and teams; and helping our clients grow their learning teams with qualified professionals. Many of our clients are household names with large international operations, while others are small nonprofits whose work we value as essential to the world. We try to balance the work we do for profit with the work we do to spread good things in the world.
SweetRush is a leader in the field of learning and development, making use of emerging technologies (like VR and AR), games, storytelling, chatbots, interactive virtual and in-person experiences, and so on, all while grounding our work in vibrant and impactful human-centered design. The many awards we win every year reflect the care we put into our craft and our collaborations with clients. We’ve been grateful to have won awards with Hilton, Google, Bridgestone, Adidas, SHRM, and numerous others.
We are a completely virtual, tight-knit, talented community that spans the globe, a culture-forward team that values diversity, respect, and caring. Our folks tend to stick around, as do our clients. We like to think we stand apart from competitors for the uniqueness and innovation of everything we create—and for who we are. And we’re committed to hiring talent that’s as creative, innovative, and caring as everyone on our team. This is where you come in...
About the role
SweetRush is looking for a key individual who can lend their proven skills as a L&D Employee Engagement Specialist. This professional will play a critical role in helping Learning & Development stay connected with employees by bringing the voice of the customer to our programs, increasing awareness of learning opportunities, identifying and pursuing engagement activities, and providing overall program support as needed. This role will work closely with L&D professional skills and leadership development to maintain and strengthen relationships with employees at all levels and help ensure the success of learning and recognition initiatives.
This position is a temp-to-perm 1099 contract role, with the opportunity to transition to full-time and + benefits based on client needs and strong performance. Onsite/hybrid requirement. Must be in commuting distance to US HQ in Jersey City, NJ.
Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Rewards and recognition – Implement recognition program by reviewing monthly reports, identifying employees meeting established criteria, preparing communications, and distributing certificates, Kudos, and digital badges.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion – Implement, drive, and monitor engagement with DEI learning programs and activities to keep employees connected while creating a culture of belonging. Identify DEI employee stories and testimonials to share, provide program follow up, and facilitate listening sessions.
- Learning surveys and focus groups – Communicate continuously with employees about learning initiatives to stay connected with the voice of the customer. Evaluate programs and use feedback to build action plans and make recommendations using the most impactful themes and stories. Prepare monthly survey summaries for professional skills and leadership development programs.
- Communication - Develop and implement communication plans for learning programs using multiple channels. Drive engagement with internal social platforms such as MS Teams.
- Facilitate discussions – Facilitate and lead discussion groups and webinars as needed to support learning programs.
- Provide administrative and logistical support. Ensure attendance for programs is updated in the Learning Management System, prizes are distributed, and nomination and participant lists are kept up to date.
- Lead the Learning Ambassadors program.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
*Hourly/Salary is negotiable
SweetRush is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. SweetRush will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. We encourage applicants of all ages.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Call-To-Action: Submit Your Resume!
Team chemistry is everything to us, so our ultimate goal is to find the right fit. If the above describes your interests and experience, and you believe this will be a dream job, please submit your resume, we are excited to hear from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.