Freelance Assessment Writer - Science
We are currently looking for FREELANCE Science grades 3–8 and Biology assessment writers to write NGSS 2D aligned items.
Job Title: Assessment Writer - Science
Reports To: Content Director - STEM
Job Overview: The FREELANCE Science assessment writer will write NGSS 2D aligned assessments.
Responsibilities and Duties
General responsibilities are as follows:
· Follow specification guidelines to write items free of bias and sensitivity concerns;
· Write scientifically accurate discrete items that are phenomena-based and aligned with NGSS DCI, SEP and/or CCC;
· Write unique distractor rationale for each answer option;
· Write items specific to grade level and within student reading comprehension levels;
· Provide art scrap as needed;
· Capable of writing items within client’s digital platform.
Qualifications and Requirements:
In alignment with Westchester’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, strong preference will be given to candidates who contribute to the diversity of Westchester and the industry, and the environment of belonging and inclusion we strive to cultivate.
· Have demonstrated experience in writing assessment items aligned with NGSS and for high-stakes state assessments;
· Be well-organized, yet flexible, and tech-savvy;
· Demonstrates fluency in NGSS;
· Experience writing for phenomena-based assessments.
To apply, please email a resume/CV to Careers@westchesteredsvcs.com with the subject line: "Freelance Assessment Writer - Science Application."
Westchester Education Services is a division of Westchester Publishing Services, an employee-owned, U.S.-based organization that extends the capacity of publisher clients in the education, academic, trade, and journal spaces. To learn more about Westchester Education Services, visit us on the web at http://westchestereducationservices.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Your Trusted Partner in Education