Assistant Project Manager, Social Media
We are looking for an enthusiastic, organized, creative thinker to join our Unified Social Media team. Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, the Assistant Project Manager will be responsible for posting content to our social media channels and assisting the team overall with project management.
- Own the implementation for the project plan for unifying 56 social media accounts across six platforms into niche accounts serving our consumer and educator/administrator audiences in coordination with the VP of Social Media Strategy and the Senior Project Manager
- Day-to-day programming of social content across all social channels for both the consumer audience and the educator and administrator audiences, ensuring:
- Posts are tagged appropriately for reporting.
- Content adheres to the brand voice and is aligned with the needs of our audiences as they help children read and learn to love reading.
- Content publishing follows established workflows and processes for social media content.
- Assets are routed to the necessary stakeholders for internal approvals, feedback has been clearly communicated, and content meets our brand standards.
- Social media channels include, but are not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Tik Tok
Maintain the content calendar in partnership with both Directors of Social Media Content (Consumer and Educator/Administrator audiences):
- Participate in planning sessions for new content ideas and campaigns.
- Update the content calendar on an ongoing basis.
Support the Unified Social Media team with projects that might include:
- Executing project management tasks related to social media campaigns including liaising with multiple stakeholders and other teams at Scholastic.
- Supporting graphic and/or video storytelling projects and assisting with tasks from pre- to post-production.
- Organizing meetings and contributing to brainstorming and collaboration with other key stakeholders.
- Managing assets and ensuring all final approved assets and copy are delivered to relevant partners on time.
Shepherd multiple projects at a time within a fast-paced environment.
- Execute project tasks assigned with minimal oversight.
- Define commitments for milestones and own initiatives.
- Apprises supervisor of status, schedule variances, and outstanding issues.
Assist with planning and reporting:
- Create and update compelling communications that might include reports, presentations, charts etc.
- Report, analyze, and interpret social media analytics data for use in developing plans.
- Utilize and maintain our tools for content management, tagging, digital asset management, and project task calendaring.
WHO WE ARE
Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) is the world's largest publisher and distributor of children's books, a leading provider of core literacy curriculum and professional services, and a producer of educational and entertaining children's media. The Company creates quality books and ebooks, print and technology-based learning programs for pre-K to grade 12, classroom magazines and other products and services that support children's learning both in school and at home. With operations in 14 international offices and exports to 165 countries, Scholastic makes quality, affordable books available to all children around the world through school-based book clubs and book fairs, classroom collections, school and public libraries, retail and online. True to its mission of 100+ years to encourage the personal and intellectual growth of all children beginning with literacy, the Company has earned a reputation as a trusted partner to educators and families. Learn more at www.scholastic.com.
Some benefits that we offer:
- 100% vested of 401(k) Retirement Plan after 5 years employment
- Up to 1M worth of supplemental Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Purchase Scholastic stock at a 15% discount
Thank you for your consideration in choosing Scholastic.
This position requires in-person attendance and is located in SoHo. Proof of vaccination is required to enter the SoHo facility.
HOW YOU CAN FIT - Qualifications
- Lover of books and reading.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year college or university, with a focus on marketing or adjacent field preferred.
- Passionate about digital media and social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, TikTok).
- Familiarity with modern brands that engage well on social media.
- Highly motivated, proactive, and collaborative.
- Ability to manage competing priorities, exceptional multitasking and organizational skills.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to be kind, flexible, and adaptive in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience coordinating small to mid-sized projects and initiatives.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Exceptional copywriting and grammar.
- Ability to create and deliver effective presentations.
- Quick learner and able to be nimble and adapt quickly to new technologies and processes.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Google Docs.
- Experience utilizing graphic design, video, social media platforms, analytics and reporting tools are a plus.
- Ability to foster relationships with colleagues at all levels in the organization.
Annual Salary: 58,500.00 - 64,400.00
Scholastic is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our policy is clear: there shall be no discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran or Vietnam veteran. Those factors shall not influence the determination of qualifications for a job or other opportunity within the company. Further, all personnel actions (such as compensation, tuition aid, benefits, transfers, promotions, and dismissals, company-sponsored training, social and recreational programs) shall be administered without discrimination.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Inspire Literacy and Learning for All Students through Traditional, Virtual or Hybrid Instruction