Training Specialist (Dallas, TX)
STAR Autism Support is looking for a Training Specialist to deliver workshops and consultation to educators and staff serving students Pre-K through secondary. These services will include side-by-side coaching, workshops and creation of curriculum resources. You will be provided with extensive training to deliver workshops and consultation to educators and staff serving students Pre-K–secondary. You will provide training in your local area and virtually. You will work to represent the values and mission of STAR Autism Support (SAS). You are someone who thrives on rolling up your sleeves and helping teachers, students, and colleagues to use evidence-based practices. And, most importantly, you share in our passion for supporting the learning and curricula for students with autism.
Location: Dallas, TX, Hybrid
FLSA Status: Exempt (Salary)
The Position: What you’ll do
- Provide training and consultation to school districts and agencies in implementing curricula for students with autism spectrum disorders and other developmental disabilities.
- Lead in-person and virtual workshops, consultations, and presentations on SAS curricula (STAR, Links, SOLS, SOLER, etc.) and strategies for educators, caregivers, and staff using SAS presentations.
- Provide educators with in-class coaching using best practices for adult learning.
- Collaborate with SAS account specialists and district administration to build the capacity of district programs to provide evidence-based practices.
- Collaborate remotely with a dynamic group of colleagues to create curricula and SAS content.
- Keep current on research-based knowledge of ASD and effective instructional strategies.
Skills and Talents: What you will bring to the role
We are looking for a person who is:
- Passionate about teaching evidence-based practices to educators
- Committed to excellence in all work—working nonstandard hours when necessary, anticipating issues, performing creative problem-solving, and communicating with diplomacy
- Willing to travel locally (via car) within one hour of the Dallas, TX area
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or is approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- Experienced with using online web-based tools such as Microsoft Office 365, Zoom, PowerPoint, Teams, and can learn new computer systems.
- Self-aware, with a learning growth mindset
- Aligned with organizational values including a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI)
We are looking for a person who has:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience using evidence-based practices working with students with autism spectrum disorders
- 1+ years of experience using the STAR curriculum or Links program in classroom setting (preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, teamwork, written, and oral communication skills
- Effective observation, consultation, and data collection skills
- Master’s degree or BCBA (preferred)
We are looking for a person who can:
- Work collaboratively with education staff, caregivers/parents, administrators, and students
- Present to small and large groups for staff development, both in person and virtually
- Use technological equipment, software, and assistive devices (e.g. Microsoft Office, Zoom)
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients and colleagues while exemplifying STAR values
- Communicate well with people at all levels of an organization (e.g. listening to understand, explaining ideas simply, having the ability to give and receive feedback)
Who we are
STAR Autism Support (SAS) is a family-owned educational consulting company based in Portland, OR. SAS provides curriculum materials, workshops and training to school and agency staff who work with students with autism and other developmental disabilities. Our unique and practical approach provides school districts with curriculum resources and a continuum of professional development activities to address the educational needs of student’s early childhood through post-secondary throughout the country and internationally.
At SAS our goal is to cultivate a supportive, positive and welcoming work environment where all staff can successfully thrive. We value and celebrate equity, diversity, and inclusion. Our vision of equity includes a continuous commitment to becoming an antiracist, multicultural organization. We strive to provide all employees with a culture of curiosity and continued learning. Our company values are listed below:
- Use innovative, evidenced-based, culturally responsive strategies to positively impact our stakeholders including students with autism and educators.
- Practice professional and personal accountability, adaptability, and respect for others.
- Maintain sustainable growth and long-term partnerships with our stakeholders in order to provide equitable services to all.
The perks of working with us
Not only are you helping do good in the world, but you will be joining a team of passionate and exceptional people within a casual environment. We offer full benefits, 401k with matching, generous PTO, and holidays. We also encourage our team to continue their own professional development by helping fund opportunities to do so.
We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. STAR Autism Support (SAS) is committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). We celebrate the differences that make each person unique, both at work and in the communities we serve. Using evidence-based practices we strive every day to make positive educational outcomes accessible to all students and educators. This commitment is also foundational to our company culture. We acknowledge that research shows that Black, Indigenous and people of color (BIPOC) and women are significantly less likely to apply for some positions, believing they must meet every qualification as described in the job description. At STAR Autism Support, we value representation, and we are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job. We know that sometimes that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of the qualifications described in the job description.
Your application has been successfully submitted.