Senior Editor, Humanities
We are currently looking for a Senior Editor, Humanities to grow our editorial team.
Reports To: Content Director, Literacy, Humanities, and Languages
Job Overview: The Senior Editor, Humanities, will work with the editorial team to oversee multiple editorial projects.
Responsibilities and Duties
General responsibilities are as follows:
- Serve as the lead editor on assigned projects;
- Ensure project guidelines and expectations are clearly defined;
- Work with Editorial Senior Staff to ensure that projects are staffed appropriately according to client quality and budget expectations;
- Manage internal and external editorial resources on assigned projects;
- Oversee quality control processes on assigned projects to ensure that content meets client expectations and is culturally responsive;
- Ensure client satisfaction by managing client expectations and communicating clearly to resolve issues;
- Anticipate risks to schedule, quality, and budget, and work proactively to mitigate them;
- Work with PM and Editorial Senior Staff to track project budgets and schedules;
- Work with management and clients to identify and solve project issues;
- Write on projects, as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements
In alignment with Westchester’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, strong preference will be given to candidates who contribute to the diversity of Westchester and the industry, and the environment of belonging and inclusion we strive to cultivate. General qualifications are as follows:
- Have an awareness of and dedication to Literacy, ELA, SEL, and/or culturally responsive education (CRE) best practices;
- Have 3 years or more experience working within educational publishing or education, with 1-2 years in a lead editor or similar leadership role;
- Be well-versed in Literacy content development and state standards;
- Have a demonstrated ability to manage projects to budget, quality, and schedule expectations;
- Have a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other departments, including design, art, production, and project management;
- Have a growth-oriented mindset to develop into new roles as the organization evolves.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume/CV to link below with the subject line: "Literacy Editor Application." Cover letters may be addressed to: "Search Committee."
Westchester Education Services is a division of Westchester Publishing Services, an employee-owned, U.S.-based organization that extends the capacity of publisher clients in the education, academic, trade, and journal spaces. To learn more about Westchester Education Services, visit us on the web at http://westchestereducationservices.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Your Trusted Partner in Education