Senior Instructional Designer and Editor
Are you passionate about developing a wide variety of content and curriculum for teachers and students as part of a dynamic team?
The Senior Instructional Designer & Editor role is responsible for projects and activities including:
- Writing original assignments and assessments
- Curating reading passages and resources
- Adapting existing partner content
- Developing ancillary materials to accompany core language arts curricula
- Working with authors and advisors to develop/adapt Professional Development materials in multiple formats
- Creating differentiated, skill-aligned content focused on building writing proficiency
- Analyzing, adapting, and creating common state reading and writing assessments
- Creating materials to support reading and writing around common frameworks such as Common Core, CASEL, NGSS, C3, and more.
What You’ll be Doing
- Design, write, and edit clear, engaging, and interactive language arts assignments and assessments to meet educational objectives.
- Collaborate with our team of writers, editors, and stakeholders to ensure content is compelling, student-centered, standards- and skills-aligned, diverse, and age-appropriate.
- Manage projects with external writers and editors, helping them to successfully deliver high-quality language arts, science, and social studies content, on schedule.
- Brainstorm and communicate ideas for improving Writable’s existing content and resources.
- Create and publish content that leverages Writable tools and functionality.
- Research and review Writable’s alignment to educational standards, common and emerging state assessments, and popular instructional routines.
- Stay current on related education, curriculum, and market trends.
Why You’ll be a Great Fit for this Role
- You are enthusiastic about using technology to have a positive impact on classroom instruction.
- You understand the perspectives and needs of educators and students based on your direct experience in the classroom or a closely related setting.
- You are passionate about providing teachers with quality resources, and helping students become better readers and writers.
- You understand customers’ and partners’ needs and expectations of ELA curriculum and assessment materials.
- You are self-motivated with the ability to take direction, share information, and work collaboratively or independently.
- You are able to manage priorities while working on several projects at once.
- You can work under deadlines and calmly adapt when projects change in scope or approach.
- You voice your opinions, ask questions, and propose solutions.
- You are detail-oriented and can evaluate and achieve high-quality work, suitable for publication.
- BA/BS degree in Education or related field
- 3-5+ years teaching experience in a related field and/or
- 3-5+ years writing language arts curriculum in an educational publishing / educational technology company (preferred) or a district/school
- Comfortable learning new technology
- Hands-on experience with Google suite; knowledge of graphic program(s) preferred
- Able to work remotely
- Eligible for U.S. employment
What we Offer
- Writable is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are enthusiastically committed to an inclusive and kind workplace, creating an equitable tool for all students, and expanding/supporting diverse voices in our workplace.
- Writable offers full-time employees a generous vacation policy, healthcare, and a 401K program with company matching.
How to Apply
- Please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com.
- Writing sample could include: Lesson Plan; Curriculum; Presentation; Report or anything that shows your writing style, communication skills, and creativity.
Writable is a guided literacy program for grades 3-12 that helps educators grow great readers and writers. Writable is funded by Omidyar Technology Ventures and works with over 10,000 schools and districts, and with leading K12 organizations such as Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Schoology, Google, and Canvas.
We are a growing, focused, and fun remote team, with employees in California, Oregon, New York, Florida, Illinois, Wisconsin, New Mexico, Colorado, South Carolina, New Jersey, Georgia, Virginia, Texas, and Australia. Many of our team members have been working together (remotely) for more than 10 years, and the company has deep experience working in both education startups and large organizations.
Your application has been successfully submitted.