To find more information or to apply, please visit: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/bccedu/jobs/3447532/career-services-advisor?keywords=advisor&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: The Career Services Advisor is primarily responsible for providing comprehensive career planning and employment assistance information and services to students, prospective students and alumni of Rowan College at Burlington County. This position is responsible for understanding career pathways and helping students understand how these relate to their courses of study, as well as providing direct support to individuals to explore their talents and interests, and ensure success in securing work experience opportunities and employment. This position works closely with other RCBC advisors to ensure access to career services for all RCBC students, graduates and Workforce Development Institute customers. Services provided include but are not limited to: career guidance counseling; career workshop facilitation; resume review; and, designing classroom presentations on career related topics for RCBC faculty.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides career advising, counseling, and coaching sessions in person, by telephone and virtual meetings, and via email to students, instructors, staff and customers of RCBC.
- Works closely with students to identify and refine educational and career goals and provide ongoing advising to those students.
- Guide and assist students, alumni, and customers of the Workforce Development Institute with all aspects of career services.
- Provides individual and group teaching to support and develop job seeking skills of students, and graduates.
- Develops and facilitates workshops related to career exploration, and employability skills.
- Maintains timely knowledge of all electronic tools used for career exploration, and provides education to individuals on their application.
- Administer and interpret career assessment instruments.
- Review and critique resumes, cover letters and employment application packages.
- Consults with the business engagement division regarding job openings and job market conditions.
- Coordinates with business engagement division and experiential learning manager to assists in matching students with employers for internships, apprenticeships and part and/or full-time employment opportunities. Supports the tracking and reporting of career placement and success of our students.
- Provides information to students, graduates and customers of the Workforce Development Institute regarding career pathways, and career tools available from the Workforce Development Institute, Department of Education, Department of Labor, and other resources.
- Assist in the maintenance of all technology interfaces used for tracking, case management, student counseling, etc. and maintains accurate records of advising sessions.
- Participates in scheduled training activities and workshops.
- Develops tools for measuring departmental activity and success, and participates in continuous improvement initiatives to promote retention.
- Perform other related duties as required.
OVERALL PURPOSE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
The primary and most important overall responsibility of all employees is to provide service in a pleasant, helpful, and effective manner to our students and other members of the College community.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university required, with a preference for education, counseling, human services or related field.
A minimum of three years of professional experience in career and employment development and advising individuals regarding job placement is required.
Skills/Abilities /Knowledge /Other Requirements:
- A professional and courteous manner and an ability to work harmoniously with other employees, customers, and the general public.
- Possess strong organizational, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills and strong problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in utilizing technology and Microsoft Office Suite and social media.
- Knowledge of career development principles and practices.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include evening and weekend assignments.
- Ability to operate independently and proactively with minimal directions.
Collaborates with department members and/or the Compliance, Assessment and Research team to support planning, assessment, data collection and reporting for continuous improvement of the college.
EMPLOYEE GROUP: Special Projects
Rowan College at Burlington County
900 College Circle Drive
Mount Laurel, New Jersey, 08054
Your application has been successfully submitted.