Partner Success Manager
Who we are
TeachFX is an edtech startup with a mission of superpowering teachers’ work and advancing equity in the classroom. The TeachFX app uses voice AI to show educators personalized insights about the learning dynamics in their classroom. We help teachers understand which of their instructional practices -- their questioning technique, lesson design, or use of wait time, uptake of student contributions, and other high-leverage strategies -- are making the greatest positive impact on student engagement and equity. We pair our app with inquiry-based professional learning workshops designed to build teacher capacity by leveraging TeachFX data in a continuous improvement cycle that brings research into practice and builds more student-centered classrooms.
We’re a fast-growing, mission-driven team and are looking for a Partner Success Manager who shares our passion for meaningful and equitable classroom dialogue. The Partner Success Manager will collaborate with our school and district partners to support their goals and facilitate the use of the TeachFX app. They will thoughtfully plan successful implementations and rollouts, build strong relationships with school leaders, and facilitate learning sessions that inspire teachers to reflect and grow.
We’re backed by best-in-class investors including Ulu Ventures, Newfund, Brighteye Ventures, and Reach Capital. We’ve been remote since the pandemic started and plan to support a remote-friendly work environment for all our team members for the foreseeable future. Half of our team is based in the Bay Area and we have an office space at the Synapse School in Menlo Park, and the rest of the team is located across the country. Our team travels frequently, to facilitate sessions with partners, attend conferences, or participate in team retreats and activities.
- Foster relationships. As the primary partner relationship manager, you’ll be responsible for providing value to and working in service of our school and district partners. You’ll endeavor to continually deepen our partnerships, ensuring that relationships with teachers, principals, and others are positive and productive.
- Strategize and plan with school leaders. You will work in close collaboration with school administrators, specifically, to help clarify, structure, design, and execute on their instructional priorities for equity and student engagement.
- Manage a portfolio of accounts. You will manage 20-40 school and district accounts, ensuring they are supported in getting the full value of their partnership with TeachFX. This will include weekly tracking of account health, monthly communication with key stakeholders, and quarterly reviews of key data and usage to strengthen our partnership.
- Build a compelling case for decision makers to renew and expand. As the primary partner relationship manager, you’ll be responsible for ensuring our accounts are renewed for continued partnership with TeachFX. You will collect and present evidence of usage, teacher and admin testimonials, and tell a success story through data trends and analysis. Then you’ll find the right moments to elevate this information to key decision makers and stakeholders to secure and expand these accounts for the following year.
- Facilitate professional learning sessions. You will facilitate training and learning experiences that inspire teachers to use the TeachFX app and reflect on their instructional practice. You will collaborate with partner schools and districts to understand instructional priorities and develop professional learning plans tailored to address those priorities.
- Inform company priorities. You’ll elevate the voice of teachers and school leaders within TeachFX, and will work with our product and sales teams to better tailor our offering to the needs of our users.
Who you are
We’re looking for an engaging educator with an in-depth understanding of US K-12 education, and a passion for teaching and learning. Experience in customer success or account management is highly valued, especially in the edtech space. You might be a good fit if you have:
- A strong identity as an educator. You have experience working in classrooms and alongside K-12 teachers to explore various ways to strengthen student learning. You are familiar with visible evidence of learning and have a deep understanding of the various types of data our teachers collect on learning as well the anxieties they harbor when it comes to data analysis and acting in response to it. You are connected to other educators through forums or other networks to deepen your understanding of the work of our teachers and trends on the ground today. We highly value experience as an instructional coach, department chair, or other roles that work directly with teachers and administrators.
- Skills and passion to be a great partner success manager. You build relationships with partners that are supportive, empathetic, and invaluable. You are a great listener and know how to suggest and recommend solutions that address our partners’ greatest pain points. You don’t let anyone fall through the cracks, and know how to use patience and persistence to get meetings with stakeholders. You are extremely organized and can use a CRM platform to keep track of all your partners unique needs, tasks, and timelines. You are also the perfect conduit between our partner needs and our company goals, understanding how the real life challenges in today’s classrooms can be addressed by our technology and support.
- An understanding of the diverse needs of K-12 students and the implications for effective instruction. You are brimming with ideas about how to engage students in rich discourse. Many of these strategies you may have applied in your own classroom, but you’re also a great source of techniques for getting students engaged in all settings and subject areas. You move seamlessly from helping a kindergarten teacher work on a reading lesson to an AP physics instructor working on her electricity and magnetism unit.
- Demonstrated investment in work to advance equity. You have ideas, based on your experiences and your own learnings, about the work that needs further support and momentum in our K-12 schools to expand equity in these institutions.
- An ability to engage adult learners. You understand how to design and lead sessions that will further teachers’ professional growth, and will leave them feeling prepared and excited to apply new learnings in their classrooms.
- A data-driven mindset and ability to think critically. You’re comfortable analyzing and presenting quantitative and qualitative data about what’s working and what’s not, and you’re eager to make recommendations on what we should do differently.
- Creative problem-solving skills. You love learning how to do something new and applying that learning immediately. You’re the type of person who is known for raising their hand to say, “I can do that!” You aren’t intimidated by a challenge that requires you to be ambitious, tenacious, or creative. You are a goal-oriented self starter and you thrive when given autonomy in your work.
Does this sound like you? Maybe you’re a former teacher or school leader looking to make an impact at scale. Maybe you’ve been an account manager in another context, and want to experience the thrills of an early-stage startup. Or maybe you have an entirely different background or motivation. If this is the right role and the right mission for you, please submit your resume and a letter of interest via our online application.
TeachFX is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.