The National Center for Families Learning, a private nonprofit organization located in Louisville, KY, is seeking a Training Specialist to work with a cross-functional team to ensure high quality delivery of NCFL's content and strategies in participating 60x30 communities. This is a remote position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organize, develop, and deliver web-based and on-site high-quality training, coaching, and/or technical assistance services in participating 60x30 communities
- Continuously collaborate and debrief with a team of Content and Training Specialists in regular cycles for purposes of continuous improvement
- Remain abreast of research-based professional learning strategies to guide NCFL's efforts
- Recognizes and leverages appropriate opportunities to advance the work in the field of family leadership
- Attends organization and industry-related meetings, as required
- Establishes individual goals which are aligned with NCFL's mission and vision
- Functions as a contributing member of work teams as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Actively participates in supervision that is regular, reflective and collaborative in nature. As appropriate, takes the initiative to seek supervisory input.
- Accurately identifies areas of mastery and areas targeted for personal growth and development. Seeks assistance and guidance when needed.
- Incorporates constructive direction from supervisor to improve job performance.
- Accepts responsibility for the quality of job performance and makes changes as needed.
- Maintains awareness of current professional information in the fields of activity, undertakes regular and ongoing efforts to maintain competencies in the skills and incorporates new knowledge and skills on the job.
- Shares pertinent information with supervisor/manager about work progress, successes, concerns and other issues that may have an impact on the services intended for families.
- A commitment to upholding the organization's diversity, equity, and inclusion principles and practices
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- At least 2 years of experience in teaching, training, or coaching within an educational programming setting in diverse settings and communities
- Experience working with adults and children, school- and community-based partners, and evaluators
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to conceptualize and communicate ideas, organizational skills, and interest in working with a team
- Excellent organizational and oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate experience and knowledge in program development and implementation
- Hold a strong and highly proficient technical knowledge in family leadership
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with diverse audiences ensuring all participants feel respected and valued
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively and efficiently on multiple projects simultaneously, individually and with a team
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently on varied projects simultaneously
- An unwavering belief that all families want the best for their children and deserve to be treated with respect and dignity
- Effectively utilize technology in an educational environment including Google Suite, Microsoft, and Zoom
- Self-awareness, a regular practice of reflection, and a desire to continuously improve
- Skilled at collaborative action planning and execution
- Travel up to 50% including occasional nights and weekends
- Prolonged period of sitting at a desk and working at a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds at times
- Communicating with others to exchange information
- Ability to travel.
Salary range $50,000-$60,000
Your application has been successfully submitted.