Sales Development Representative
Our Mission and Opportunity
Early education is one of the greatest determinants of childhood outcomes, is a must for working families, and has lasting social and economic impact. Brightwheel’s vision is to enable high quality early education for every child — by giving teachers meaningfully more time with students each day, engaging parents in the development of their kids, and supporting the small businesses that make up the backbone of the $100 billion early education market. Brightwheel is the most loved technology brand in early education globally, trusted by thousands of educators and millions of families.
We are a fully remote team with employees across every time zone in the US, and a small hub in Austin. Our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. Our exceptional investor group includes Addition, Bessemer Venture Partners, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GGV Capital, Lowercase Capital, Emerson Collective, and Mark Cuban.
We believe that everyone—from our employees to the students, teachers, and administrators we serve— should be given the opportunity to learn and thrive, whatever their background may be. We celebrate diversity in all forms because it allows our team and the communities we serve to reach their full potential and do their best work.
As a Sales Development Representative, you'll be responsible for owning the top of our sales funnel. From qualifying leads to prospecting inbound and outbound opportunities, you will be the first line of education for our potential customers.
You’ll be in contact with a large volume of customers on a daily basis via phone, with a relentless focus to source new opportunities for our sales team. You'll work closely with Marketing, Data Ops, Operations, and Sales leadership to maximize the funnel conversion and sales processes.
(Note: Must be able to be online and working daily from 8am - 5pm Central Time)
Ideal candidates will have:
- 0-1+ years of sales or relevant customer-facing experience
- Deep care for our customers, putting their needs first and bringing energy and intention to every customer interaction
- Proven experience achieving and pushing past goals and quotas
- Hunger to continue developing your skills and mastering your craft
- Tendency to celebrate wins, not shy away from misses, and ability to learn from both
- A strong mix of tenacity and curiosity to help educate potential customers
- Excellent communication, organizational, time-management, and prioritization skills
- Comfort with high volume/velocity sales, as well as a dynamic startup environment that will evolve rapidly
- A passion for improving the world through education
At brightwheel, we offer competitive compensation packages with a strong emphasis on equity-based compensation (ownership in brightwheel). In addition to equity, our annual cash compensation for this role is $45,000 base salary plus a competitive, uncapped commission plan. Our benefits package includes premium medical, dental, and vision benefits, generous paid parental leave, a flexible paid time off policy, a monthly wellness and productivity stipend, and a Learning & Development stipend.
Brightwheel is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.