Build connections between humans and the natural world by joining the Rolling Hills Zoo leadership team as our Education Curator! RHZ is looking for an individual with a passion for inspiring people on behalf of wildlife to oversee and advance Zoo educational opportunities and initiatives.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Part of RHZ leadership team
- Demonstrates a commitment to the Zoo’s mission statement and core values.
- Performs duties in a service-oriented manner.
- Demonstrates a commitment to maintaining a healthy work environment.
- Recognizes the needs of others and treats others with respect and dignity.
- Maintains good work habits and adheres to all policies and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the development and implementation of all educational programs, on and off site, for all ages.
- Schedule and communicate with groups on field trip and education programing
- Supervises program leaders and education volunteers in their duties.
- Create and implement zoo experiences program for guests and groups.
- Will routinely deliver education programs to a wide variety of audiences in different venues both on-site and off-site.
- Responsible to uphold the mission and goals of RHZ in all educational programs.
- Trains and supervises Zoo Teens for education programming.
- Will network with other educators, locally and nationally, to continue to enhance and improve the quality of programming offered..
- Working with the General Curator, will comply with all Association of Zoos and Aquariums’ (AZA) guidelines and safety recommendations in the use of education program animals.
- Will attend meetings and conferences pertinent to zoo education and wildlife/conservation education.
- Will work with other departments to organize special events held at the Zoo and/or Museum.
- Other duties of a similar nature as otherwise assigned.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills • Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field required. • Strong computer skills with experience in MS Office. • Strong people and communication skills. • Must have strong knowledge of developmental stages in children. • Able to develop and implement curriculum appropriate to a variety of age groups. Desired Qualifications, Experience and Skills • NAI certified • 1 + years working with children in camp setting • Bilingual
RHZ offers health insurance, paid vacation, and 401(k) package
How to Apply
For questions/information or to apply: email@example.com
Rolling Hills Zoo
625 N Hedville Rd
Salina, KS 67401
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Discover the Wildside