Spanish Bilingual Youth Care Worker
The Spanish Bilingual Youth Care Worker is solely responsible for following and implementing leads direction. This position is responsible for ensuring all Unaccompanied Children’s (UC) safety in their care according to Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) policy and always maintaining line-of-sight.
- Provide care and services to unaccompanied minors, ages 13-17
- Maintain line-of-sight supervision of assigned children
- Direct care and monitoring of Unaccompanied Children (UC)
- Support with the delivery of educational services based on age appropriateness
- Engage in recreational and leisure activities with Unaccompanied Children (UC)
- Collaborate with other providers on behavioral management policies and protocols
- Incorporate access to services related to culture, language, and religious observations
- Ensure the physical safety of the Unaccompanied Children (UC)
- Provide same gender supervision for any area where unaccompanied children regularly undress, including restrooms and showers in accordance with Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) guidelines
Knowledge and Skills:
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to document processes and perform recordkeeping
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Patience, tolerance, and kindness
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 1 year experience in the child welfare industry working with children and/or adolescents in a social service setting
- Experience working with children from diverse backgrounds is a plus
- Bi-lingual (Spanish/English), required
- First Aid Certified, required. Note: Training will be provided to earn your CPR & First Aid certification if needed.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be able to travel within the Continental United States (CONUS).
- Must pass a drug test, motor vehicle record check, a background check, and provide proof of being fully vaccinated for Covid-19 after accepting a conditional offer of employment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.