Learning Design Strategist, K-12 Mathematics
You are a strong and personable leader who knows that success is built on a foundation of great relationships, effective teamwork, excellent listening skills, superlative communication, and an innovative, solution-oriented approach. This involves using a consultative client management process, listening to their needs, and delivering customized solutions. Most importantly, you have an eye for detail and a commitment to quality assurance so that every course is perfect for students.
You will be part of designing and building solutions for K-12. You are a master-level educator and curriculum designer who has the ability to think in entirely new ways. You will have a significant impact in the design and development of courseware, micro-courses, media, and assessments. You will lead the backend design for taxonomy and content management.
Content & Curriculum
- Editing of content when authored by other SMEs/IDs to ensure lessons, problems, feedback is instructionally sound, and solutions are correct.
- Coordinate and manage the day-to-day execution of curriculum-related tasks for the project.
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of the courses according to customer needs, objectives, and quality standards.
- Lead the development of content by authoring (design and write clear, engaging, interactive lessons and components).
- Lead the curriculum design, mapping, course or subject area-related features, scope and sequencing, and media strategy.
- Support the design and development of offline and online templates for curriculum development.
- Use consultative client interaction to provide ongoing service and support while managing client expectations and implementing action plans where needed. Work with the project manager to resolve customer issues and develop best practices to mitigate future issues.
- Support internal stakeholders with training materials for user testing, pilots, and implementation.
- Interface with product owners, subject matter experts, instructional designers, content editors, copy editors, accessibility experts, and project managers, both in-house and freelance.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and meet key milestones, to work and communicate effectively with people at all levels within the organization, and to technically contribute to the development of process solutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
- Edit content (e.g., lessons, assessments, media) and ensure content edit quality to the subject area, grade level, audience, Universal Deisgn for Learning, equity and inclusion, and accessibility.
- Support internal and freelance teams to bring projects to completion within specified deadlines and budget.
- Analyze requirements and provide an appropriate solution(s) with research-based features for courses and programs.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with clients.
- Problem-solve daily process issues; highlight red-flags and help solutioning (e.g., scheduling concerns, content concerns).
- Check content accessibility compliance (e.g., WCAG, CAST/UDL).
- Build templates for writers and instructional designers to create offline and online content.
- Author content.
- Build tools for curriculum mapping, planning, scope & sequencing.
- Support estimation efforts and cost for projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics; Master’s in Mathematics, preferred.
- K-12 teaching. Public, public charter, or public virtual school experience preferred.
- 5 or more years of related experience working with academic content in an Academic or Publishing environment in K-12. Digital content publishing preferred.
- Experience in developing and managing K-12 digital, supplemental, and print and digital products.
- Experience leading virtual teams and working with onshore/offshore teams is a plus.
- Solid copyediting and proofreading experience, preferred.
- Natural relationship builder with integrity, reliability, and maturity.
- Ability to manage external vendors and freelancers effectively.
- Highly motivated with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills, self-directed, and able to handle multiple priorities with demanding time frames.
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion, make sound decisions, and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong problem-solving ability and flexibility approaching problems; strong collaborative and motivational skills when working with internal and external teams; customer service-oriented skills when working with clients.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, adept at prioritizing tasks, and able to delegate appropriate responsibilities.
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours with minimal supervision. Travel required (up to 25%); will include some overnight travel. LearningMate has offices in India and USA and global customers. Coordination with the teams primarily in India would demand early morning calls/meetings.
- Proficient in MS Office, Google Applications, modern business tools, communication tools, mobile tools, presentation tools for virtual teams (i.e., Zoom, Google Meet.). Proficient in tools like Visio, Draw.io, and Miro are a plus.
- Regularly sit, reach, and use hands to operate computers and other office equipment; occasionally stand and walk.
- Occasionally lifts or exerts force up to 10 lbs.
Please send your resume to email@example.com and enter Learning Design Strategist K-12 Mathematics – Your Name as the Subject Line.
LearningMate is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.