Spanish Language Content Analyst
Goalbook’s mission is to empower teachers to transform instruction so that ALL students can succeed. We partner with over 600 school districts across 47 states, working closely with leadership teams to improve instructional practice.
Our first core value is Relationships. We believe in the power of human connection and the importance of relationships across different strengths, backgrounds, personalities, and identities in order to achieve our shared goals and overall mission.
Our second core value is Growth. We strive to create a challenging and supportive environment so that people are continuously growing as professionals and increasing their impact. We also believe in having the time, space, and support to grow in our personal lives as well.
Who We’re Looking For
In this role, you will manage a team of editors & writers to create research-based, standards-aligned content that supports teacher instruction, in Spanish & English. As a manager, you will motivate your team by communicating each project’s purpose and potential impact, and give crystal-clear, strategic feedback that drives the work forward. You’ll consistently keep your target audience front-of-mind when creating content, and carefully research best practice bilingual & literacy instruction methodologies. Additionally, you’ll track data on the content quality, production efficiency, and costs of your team’s production systems, and use that data to drive decision-making for the best possible outcomes.
The ideal candidate is bilingual & biliterate in Spanish & English, and has evidence of supporting positive student outcomes in bilingual, dual-language, or Spanish-immersion classrooms. You are also a reading and literacy expert, who has experience working with diverse student learners as a lead teacher, coach, or administrator. It’s also important that you are curious and driven to understand the ultimate purpose of each project, and can use that understanding to teach and motivate your team.
· Hire, manage, & train a large team of contracted editors & writers
· Develop measures to assess quality of Spanish-language content, both translated and original
· Lead multiple projects simultaneously
· Design production systems to drive efficiency, quality, and cost
· Track internal data & use it to make informed production decisions
· Communicate project objectives and outcomes to a variety of internal teams
· Organize and maintain internal documentation systems and resources
Required Skills & Experience
· Biliterate & bilingual fluency in Spanish & English
· 3+ years Spanish Language Arts, bilingual, or English Language Arts teaching/coaching experience in a US K-12 public school
Preferred Skills & Experience
· Spanish language writing, editing or publishing experience
· Generates & pursues opportunities to learn, improve, & implement practices related to DEIA
· Experience using data to drive decisions and track outcomes
· Self-directed learner who is not afraid to ask for help
· Constantly improving, critical of own work, and open to feedback via collaboration
· Proficiency with Google Suite
· 70-105k compensation range, based on location and experience
· Medical, dental, and vision coverage
· Safe Harbor 401k matching
· Flexible time off policy
· Goalbook Family and Medical Leave
· Goalbook Universal Basic Income
· A truly motivated, passionate, and fun team. We’re collectively interested in helping you grow in your career.
Submit an application addressed to Blair Beuttler, and provide your cover letter, resume, LinkedIn, and how you heard about the role. Applicants will not be considered without a cover letter. This position can be based remotely.
For the safety of our team members and partners, Goalbook has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees.
Goalbook is committed to building a diverse and passionate team that is ready to serve all students in the US public school system. We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage applications from all people of diversity, including those with diverse needs, backgrounds, abilities, and other distinct characteristics.
Follow us on LinkedIn and stay up-to-date on our latest work and opportunities. Learn more about what it's like to be part of Goalbook's content team from Hannah, Kristina, and Ryan. Check out more team members' stories on Medium.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We empower educators to transform instruction so that ALL students succeed.