Customer Support Specialist
Who we are…
Modern Campus is obsessed with empowering its 1,800+ higher education customers to thrive when radical transformation is required to respond to lower student enrollments and revenue, rising costs, crushing student debt and administrative complexity.
The Modern Campus engagement platform powers solutions for non-traditional student management, web content management, catalog and curriculum management, student engagement and development, conversational text messaging, career pathways, and campus maps and virtual tours. The result: innovative institutions can create a learner-to-earner lifecycle that engages modern learners for life, while providing modern administrators with the tools needed to streamline workflows and drive high efficiency.
Learn how Modern Campus is leading the modern learner engagement movement at moderncampus.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
What’s the role?
This is a one-year contract position with potential extension or full time conversion.
The Customer Support Specialist Role is the front-line face of our highly regarded customer service team. This person will work with a dedicated team in a passionate and collaborative environment interacting with both business and technical team members, as well as our customers. Your prioritization, attention to detail, communication and problem-solving skills will contribute to the successful operation of leading entrepreneurial schools in the non-traditional education sector.
We are looking for the type of person that thrives under pressure to resourcefully deliver solutions that delight our customers. This person will bring a combination of methodical problem solving and creative thinking to address issues that come from a wide variety of product areas, business drivers and levels of experience.
In this role, you will be given an opportunity to be a major contributor to the trusted partnership we have with our customers, with a direct impact on our high levels of customer satisfaction, “reference ability” and retention. Come join us at Modern Campus, where your opinion matters, your experience is valued and interesting work is part of the job!
- Customer Communication: Front line representative of the customer service team and the company, using clear and professional communication to convey the status and nature of the issue, including suggested workarounds.
- Issue Acknowledgement: Track and respond to inbound communication of support issues from customer email, ticket system entry or phone as well as any issues identified by our automated monitoring
- Severity Assessment: Ensure required information is taken in regarding the ticket and use that information to prioritize the ticket, attempt to resolve, or route to appropriate owner
- Identification: Leverage documentation, customer questions, related issues, SQL Queries, application logs and sandbox environments to reproduce, troubleshoot and understand the issue. Gather details and document issues appropriately with attention to detail and clear communication.
- SLA Adherence: Uphold our customer commitments as part of a metrics-driven team with clear goals that contribute to high levels of customer satisfaction
- Subject Matter Expertise: Develop knowledge of the product, modules, industry to become a resource to customers, other team members and other teams
- Customer Advocacy: gain unique insight into the needs and issues facing customers as part of an important feedback loop, ensuring high quality deliverables.
What you offer…
- 1+ years of experience in a customer facing technical/software support role preferably at a SaaS and or enterprise software company
- Clear, professional quality written and verbal communication
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of database concepts and the ability to generate troubleshooting SQL queries
- Pragmatic prioritization and time management
- Composure during high-pressure escalations
- Motivated, hardworking and flexible
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision in a close team environment
- Quick learner who enjoys a challenge
- While the following are not required, candidates should highlight any experience they have with:
- Exposure to Java
- Working knowledge of accounting/finance concepts
- Familiarity with Crystal Reports (or similar software)
- Experience supporting cloud hosted software
- Experience with XML or JSON based web services
- Education industry experience
What we offer…
- The base salary range* for this full-time position is between $50,000 - $60,000
- Remote first workplace – whether working from one of our offices or remotely, our employees get things done!
- Rewards and recognition programs
- Learning and development opportunities
- You will make a difference every day for universities trying to grow and students trying to learn.
Only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
What we believe…
At Modern Campus, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace furthers relevance, resilience, and longevity. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply for our positions. Modern Campus is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to bring on hires regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status (for US candidates). If you require accommodations during any part of the interview process due to a disability, please let our recruiter know.
* Our salary ranges reflect the minimum and maximum target for new hires for the position within the US and Canada. Within the range, individual pay is determined by factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.