Partnerships Manager, K12
Niche is the leader in school search. Our mission is to make researching and enrolling in schools easy, transparent, and free. With in-depth profiles on every school and college in America, 140 million reviews and ratings, and powerful search tools, we help millions of people find the right school for them. We also help thousands of schools recruit more best-fit students, by highlighting what makes them great and making it easier to visit and apply.
Niche is all about finding where you belong, and that mission inspires how we operate every day. We want Niche to be a place where people truly enjoy working and can thrive professionally.
We're looking for enthusiastic and driven Account Managers, committed to providing exceptional customer support to join our Sales organization. The Account Manager will be responsible for driving client retention and growing the revenue footprint within a portfolio of K-12 customers. This position requires a unique and talented individual that excels in multiple business disciplines. You will divide your time between developing relationships, clearly communicating our impact and value to the clients on a monthly and quarterly bases and identifying upsell opportunities within those key customer accounts. This position will work closely with the Client Success and Partnerships Executive teams to ensure our customers are well-supported.
What You Will Do
During the 1st Month:
- Attend onboarding sessions to better understand our internal processes and learn about the company
- Learn the Niche product offerings inside and out and begin to feel comfortable performing demos of the product to any audience
- Spend time with our Business Operations and Analytics team to learn about our digital marketing campaigns and offerings
- Shadow Account Executives and Account Managers in various segments to observe best practices related to communicating the Niche product offerings and how to best position the products based on the customer needs/goals.
Within 3 Months:
- Conduct Onboarding, Check-In, and Renewal virtual sales calls, pitching the Niche digital advertising products to K-12 schools in order to continue to demonstrate Niche’s ROI
- Help new clients set up their digital advertising with Niche. Keep track of your book of business to ensure everything the clients’ purchases get up and running in a timely manner
- Understand Niche’s monthly advertising reports sent to clients. Help to analyze the reports and aid clients in understanding the value of the partnership
- Build a partnership with the Partnerships Executive team to gain awareness around client expectations and goals for the partnership
- Attend various digital advertising and product training to further knowledge of Niche products
- Lean into your assigned segment and learn current marketing strategies with the goal of becoming the SME to the schools within the segment
Within 6 months:
- Lean into your assigned school segment and learn current marketing strategies with the goal of becoming an industry SME
- Provide exceptional customer support and consultation via phone and email leading to advertiser retention, revenue retention and upsell
- Consistently deliver monthly revenue targets by achieving net retention, logo retention, and upsell goals
- Create regular reporting and communication cadence and respond to client questions as needed
Within 12 months:
- Become the SME on all things related to digital advertising within your assigned school segment
- Listen to customer feedback and recommend innovative solutions to management team related to possible improvements to product, pricing, packages, etc. in order to better serve your assigned school segment
- Maintain accurate internal and external reporting
- Achieve the YTD upsell and renewals budget
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in a business or education related field
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience, including sales and marketing in a SaaS environment
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to thrive and quickly adapt to a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Someone fearless and persistent. Motivated by the challenge of building relationships with a variety of stakeholders and growing your book of business
- Willingness to make a lot of phone calls, send emails, and use social media to connect with decision-makers
- 3+ years of relevant experience including sales and marketing in a SaaS environment
- Experience selling in Education or Digital Media is a plus
- Experience with consultative selling a plus
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but hesitant because your experience doesn't align 100% with the posted requirements? We believe you are more than a resume, so go for it! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to play a part in helping students find where they belong.
Our national target base salary range is $65,000, plus uncapped commission and participation in our Stock Option Program. The OTE (On Target Earnings) for this role will be $115,000.
At Niche, our Total Rewards Philosophy is centered around creating a workplace environment that attracts, motivates, and retains top talent by providing a comprehensive and competitive rewards package. This philosophy is built on the principles of performance-based compensation, best-in-class benefits and work-life balance, and employee well-being.
- We are a fully flexible workforce empowering our employees to choose to work remotely, in our Pittsburgh office or whatever combination suits you
- Full time, salaried position with competitive compensation in a fast-growing company
- Best-in-class 100% paid employee health plan, including vision and dental and supplemental coverage
- Flexible Paid Time Off Policy
- Stipend that allows you to build your work from home office in a style and function that suits your personal preferences
- Parental leave for all employees (12 weeks fully paid) in addition to short term disability for birthing parents
- Meaningful Stock options and 401(k) with employer match
- Your ideas and work will make an immediate impact on our company and millions of users
- You will join a team that cares about you, our mission, our work - and celebrates our wins together!
Niche will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future for this opening.
We are currently hiring in states where we currently have employees: AZ, CA, CT, FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MO, NE, NH, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WA, DC, WV.
Candidates only. No recruiters or agencies, please. Sorry, we do not offer relocation assistance.
Niche is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
All interviews are being held remotely. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.