Reading Assessment Content Writer
We are looking for a part-time, freelance contract Reading Assessment Content Writer to develop assessment content. You will play a pivotal role in advancing literacy education for elementary students by creating AI-powered reading assessments. You will collaborate with our product, design, and engineering teams to develop engaging and effective assessments aligned with educational standards. Ideal candidates possess a blend of educational expertise, assessment design skills, technological proficiency, and a commitment to improving literacy education.
- Develop content for reading assessments that will be utilized in AI and speech recognition technology to evaluate foundational reading skills, fluency, and comprehension.
- Create age-appropriate and engaging assessment content, questions, passages, and
- prompts that align with grade-level reading standards and curriculum frameworks.
- Ensure assessments consider diverse learning needs.
- Help to establish scoring guidelines and rubrics for AI-assisted assessment scoring.
- Uphold a commitment to eliminating bias in assessments to promote fairness and equity.
- Document the assessment development process, criteria, and alignment with educational standards.
- Collaborate with product, designers, literacy experts, educators, and engineering to ensure assessments align with pedagogical goals and technological capabilities.
- Actively seek feedback from educators, students, and stakeholders to continuously improve assessment content.
- A bachelor's degree or higher in education, literacy, English, speech pathology or a related field is essential.
- Experience in the field of education, particularly in elementary education or literacy instruction.
- Deep assessment expertise, including experience with assessment design and development, guidelines, and scoring. Familiarity with various assessment types and commonly used reading screening assessments (ex DIBELS, easyCBM, Acadience Learning).
- Experience creating engaging, enjoyable, age-appropriate stories for K-3 students. Candidates should have exceptional writing skills and examples of prior work that show clear, engaging, and age-appropriate assessment content, passages, questions, and prompts.
- Strong pedagogical knowledge - familiarity with educational research, standards, and best practices in reading instruction, encompassing areas like phonics, fluency, comprehension, vocabulary, and literacy strategies.
- Familiarity with educational technology and online assessment platforms is a plus.
- Effective collaboration skills to work closely with various stakeholders, including product management, educators, designers, and engineers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for conveying assessment guidelines and information effectively.
How to Apply:
We encourage you to apply if you are passionate about innovating early literacy education and meet the qualifications for this role. Please submit your resume, a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and qualifications, and any examples of assessment content or technology-driven work to email@example.com. Please include "Reading Assessment Content Writer" in the subject line of your email.
Esteam.AI is an equal-opportunity employer, and we welcome candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Join us in revolutionizing elementary reading instruction and impacting young learners' literacy skills through innovative technology.
We are harnessing AI and speech recognition to build novel ways to assess and help children learn to read.