RWR is excited to be partnering with a DC based charter school to create a pilot program that provides 1:1 and small group reading and writing instruction to students!
We are looking for teachers!!
Potential teachers must:
- Have proficiency in science of reading and pre-reading skills such as phonemic awareness (Experience with Fundations or Wilson preferred)
- Have experience in a Title 1 school
- Have experience with trauma informed teaching
- Have their own transportation to Southeast DC
- Build trusting and respectful relationships with students
- Lead 1:1 and small group sessions (2-3 students maximum) in 30 minute reading sessions M/Tu/Th/Fr, 1-4 hours per day, dependent on teacher preference, scheduling, and staffing
- Record daily progress updates for each student on your caseload
- Teach with best practices in mind and also teach responsively so that you are addressing student needs, not merely following a curriculum
This is a contract position from January-June, with the possibility of continued partnership in the 24-25 school year!
For more information or to express interest, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Personalized and Responsive Education Structures that Benefit Students AND Teachers