Program Manager, STEM
Founded in 2010, Hispanic Access Foundation is a 501(c)(3) national nonprofit organization that connects Latinos with partners and opportunities to improve their lives and create an equitable society. Ultimately, we establish bridges of access that provide a path for the development and rise of Latino leaders and elevates their voices in areas where we are underrepresented. Our core values are trust, dedicated, excellence, service to comunidad, and versatility. While Washington, D.C. serves as our headquarters, employees work in a virtual environment.
Hispanic Access’ growing STEM program seeks to engage and inspire Latinos across the country to pursue careers in the STEM fields. This work is conducted through community partnerships, outreach and activities.
The Program Manager for our STEM-focused program will play a crucial role in overseeing and coordinating all aspects of the program's activities. This role requires an understanding of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) education, strong project management skills, and the ability to collaborate with various stakeholders to ensure the program's success. You will be responsible for planning, executing, and evaluating program initiatives to drive STEM education and engagement. This position reports to the Director of Forestry and STEM.
- Execute program vision, objectives, and strategies – lead operational side of program
- Create detailed project plans, outlining tasks, timelines, resources, and dependencies.
- Monitor program progress and identify potential risks or issues, implementing corrective actions as needed.
- Ensure alignment of program activities with organizational goals and strategic direction.
- Design and develop STEM curriculum, workshops, and activities that promote STEM education and engagement.
- Identify and establish partnerships with educational institutions, industry professionals, and community organizations to enhance program offerings.
- Coordinate and manage program activities, including workshops, events, and educational initiatives.
- Ensure the effective utilization of resources, budgets, and timelines to meet program goals.
- Oversee the recruitment, training, and management of program staff and volunteers.
- Collaborate with schools, parents, teachers, and students to promote STEM education and participation in the program.
- Foster relationships with industry partners, mentors, and guest speakers to enhance program offerings and resources.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a relevant field (e.g., STEM education, project management, education management).
- 3+ years of experience in program management, particularly in STEM education or related fields.
- Strong knowledge of STEM concepts and principles.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in data analysis and reporting.
- Grant writing and fundraising experience is a plus.
- Passion for promoting STEM education and engagement.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Ability travel up to 20%-25% as needed
The location of this position is remote with occasional travel, but employee must live in the United States.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The annual salary range for this position is $60,00-$70,000 depending on qualifications and experience. In addition to working remotely, Hispanic Access offers full-time employees a generous benefits package that includes a 100% paid health, dental, and vision for the individual, an unlimited vacation policy, 10 sick days per year, 13 paid holidays, a monthly phone/internet stipend and a 401(k) plan with employer match.
Hispanic Access Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by law.