- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $10,000 Student Loan Repayment ($5,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
The Administrative Secretary II reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
The Administrative Secretary II provides general secretarial and administrative support to the Director of the Department and Department staff.
- Composes and types in an accurate and timely fashion confidential correspondence, memos, and minutes from oral dictation, record transcription, shorthand, or rough draft.
- Manages telephone operations; answers, screens, and directs telephone calls.
- Receives, screens, distributes or files all incoming correspondence and other mail.
- Maintains a sufficient inventory of all office supplies and printed forms.
- Provides calendar management support for the Director; schedules meetings and meeting rooms; arranges for catering; confirms attendance; and supports in preparation and distribution of materials as necessary.
- Arranges travel (transportation and/or hotel) under the direction of the Director.
- Monitors budget and general ledger detail for accuracy; identifies variances and reports them to the Director; has a complete understanding of the department and company financial policies; creates purchase orders; and processes invoices for payment against purchase order or general expense reimbursement.
- Maintains procedure manuals; ensures appropriate communication to staff of changes in procedures.
- Utilizes advanced Microsoft Office applications to design and lay-out presentations and reports.
- Assists the Director in maintaining department personnel files and mandatory certification/licensure lists and tracks staff continuing education requests.
- Communicates (verbally and written) with a wide range of departments, employees, vendors, and physicians; and serves as a liaison on behalf of the Director to foster strong working relationships.
- Processes request for new employee office space, passwords, office supplies, phone and voicemail, mail delivery and other resources as needed.
- Associate's degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- Minimum of three to five years experience in a business office environment
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to organize and think independently
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's degree and five years of secretarial and/or business office experience
- Healthcare experience
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.