Regional Sales Manager - K12 Education
SmartLab Learning is a comprehensive, K-12, project-based learning environment and curricula that prepare students for the careers of tomorrow. We are currently seeking a Regional Sales Manager to act as a partner to potential and existing SmartLab customers. Within a specified territory, an RSM will manage the sales process from prospecting to purchase order and beyond, benefiting as many schools as possible with the SmartLab product.
This may be the job for you if you are:
- Well-connected in the world of K-12 public school education.
- Driven to succeed regardless of roadblocks.
- Action-oriented and ready to act upon sales strategies.
- Achieve and exceed annual sales targets.
- Identify business opportunities by ascertaining prospects, researching and analyzing sales possibilities.
- Be a trusted advisor to private, charter, and public school prospects and customers.
- Develop relationships with prospects and recommend solutions, leading to increased sales opportunities
- Maintain relationships with clients by providing support, information and guidance while recommending new opportunities for expansion.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge of all products and service options.
- Maintain accurate pipeline and customer records at all times.
- Increase customer renewal rate by ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Contribute to professional atmosphere through positive interaction with customers, prospects, CLS coworkers and leadership.
- Attend education-related conferences in assigned territories to expand the SmartLab name recognition and attract potential customers.
- Attend all SmartLab product and sales trainings.
- Travel up to 50%.
Education and Experience Needed
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in education or STEM related field.
- Minimum of three years of successful sales experience.
- Minimum of two years working or selling in the K12 market.
- Proven territory development and experience selling in the K12 market.
- Self-starter, working with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to strategize, develop, and communicate ideas for market expansion.
- Experience in public speaking with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of staying positive with coworkers and customers, even under pressure.
- Strong time management, organization, priority setting, and detail orientation skills.
- Strong connection to the purpose of your work, knowing you’re helping teachers and students grow
- Working with delightful people at a flourishing company
- Full benefits package, including paid parental leave
- Company pays 3% of salary into 401k (regardless of employee contribution amount)
- Competitive salary (range for position: $90,000-$100,000 base annually + commission)