Texas Adoption Rubric Response Writer - Teaching & Learning
Discovery Education is looking for a Texas Adoption Rubric Response Writer – Teaching & Learning to join our K12 team. As a rubric response writer, you will serve as a support to the field-based Partnership Managers in completing rubrics and responding to district product-based questions. The overall goal is to drive adoption sales throughout the state of Texas. While you will be supporting the work of Discovery Education Science Techbook adoptions throughout the state of Texas, this is a part-time remote role at an hourly rate through Magnit Global.
What You Will Do
- Complete responses to committee rubrics and Q&A from districts, ensuring that Discovery Education Science Techbook Texas adoption is positioned for success and well represented in the competitive landscape.
- Work with cross-functional teams to provide responses to district inquiries and calls for specific requests.
- Bachelor’s degree and above in education or an equivalent combination of skills, training and experience.
- Experienced writer with exceptional written communication skills.
- Experience teaching and working with TEKS; K-12 science-specific content experience preferred.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and organizational skills essential.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and verbal skills.
- Position requires a high degree of flexibility and the ability to react quickly to changing needs.
- Proficiency with programs such as Microsoft, Google Suite, and other related products/systems.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a team and cross-functional teams.
- Strong sense of personal initiative & urgency to accomplish tasks.
- Strong understanding of and ability to positively position Discovery Education Science Techbook Texas adoption in the broader science adoption landscape.
- Always willing to learn something new, not rigid in beliefs or expectations.
- Have a demonstrated ability to understand, accept and engage with people of diverse backgrounds.
- A sense of humor because we all need to laugh sometimes.
- Legal right to work in the United States.
- This role is part time and is not eligible for benefits.
Discovery Education is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery Education is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.