Assessment Specialist/Options Counselor
Help people have their voice heard about their care needs! This position will introduce people to Springwell and assist with navigating the network of available resources.
The Assessment Specialist/Options Counselor introduces older adults, individuals with disabilities and their caregivers to the agency. They review resources and available services, including those through the state-subsidized Home Care program. They empower consumers to be in control of their decisions for long-term care. As directed by the consumer, they create care plans and coordinate services.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher.
- Applicants without a Bachelor's Degree may be considered if:
- The applicant has an Associate's Degree and at least 3 years' experience working with elders or providing case management services; OR
- The applicant has completed at least 50% of coursework required for a Bachelor's Degree and agrees to complete the remaining coursework within a 3 year period.
- Experience working with computers, entering data, and running reports.
- Applicant must have a reliable car, current driver's license, and safe driving record.
- 3 weeks of vacation in first year
- Birthday off
- 13 paid holidays
- 3 paid personal days
- 15 paid sick days per year (You can accumulate up to 450hrs/12weeks)
- Health & dental insurance with employer contribution
- Life and long-term disability insurance at no cost to employee
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Employee Assistance Plan
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan w/ employer contribution
- Mileage reimbursement
- Flexible Work Options available after 6 months for most positions; alternate start time between 8:00 and 9:30 a.m., 4 day work week, 4.5 day work week, telecommuting work option, remote work option
- Employee referral bonuses
- Free parking
- Commitment to promoting from within
At Springwell, we are dedicated to our mission. For more than 40 years, our staff has worked to help ensure that seniors and individuals with disabilities have the village they need and the support that is necessary for them to live at home with dignity and independence.
We are also committed to our employees. We are focused on creating a supportive, open environment that values the people who make a difference - each, and every member of our staff. At Springwell we are fiercely committed to creating equal opportunities for all regardless of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, age, language, and physical or mental disabilities.
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, Springwell has remained open and operational. We have continued to provide in-home services to individuals in a safe manner based on our consumer directed philosophy. We have also created a hybrid work model for staff that seeks to balance the needs of the agency with flexibility for staff.
We believe in and are looking for new staff who embrace:
- Accountability: At every level of the organization we are accountable: to the people we serve, to our funders, to our employees, to community professionals who rely on our support.
- Continuous Quality Improvement: We honor the fact that each of us is human, and we embrace a desire to examine the value and quality of our work and ask how we can provide a higher quality of service.
- Transparency: While we don't claim to be 100% transparent (there are certain things, like salaries and performance evaluations that are private) we continuously strive to be as open as possible.
Keywords: Waltham, Newton, Brookline, Watertown, Belmont, Needham, Wellesley, Weston, Boston, Case Manager, Case Management, Case Manager, Mental Health, Managed Care, Social Services, Social Work, Care Coordinator, Social Worker, Elder, Geriatric Care, Assisted Living, Human Services, LSW, LCSW, Licensed, Medicare, Medicaid, Behavioral Health, Community Health, Long Term Care, Remote, Telecommute, Council on Aging, Case Worker