Chambers High School is seeking an Academic Coach to join the team!
About EdisonLearning and NorthStar Academies
NorthStar Academies (NSA) are public charter schools governed by the Governing Board of NorthStar Academies. The NSA board has entered into an agreement with EdisonLearning to manage the NSA Schools.
EdisonLearning brings together best practices in instruction, developed over three decades of supporting schools, with blended solutions designed by educators to meet students where they are and deliver the education they need and deserve. The company’s comprehensive content, resources and support include 150+ full eCourses in core and elective subjects, plus career and technical education and social-emotional learning; actionable learning analytics dashboards and blockchain-enabled micro-credentials; and instructional services teachers and advisors who provide personalized student support. The guiding purpose behind all of EdisonLearning’s work is to ensure equitable access and opportunity for each and every learner.
Our organization’s growth and success is due to the hundreds of dedicated professionals who share a passion for making a difference in the lives of young people – both academically and in character development. We are committed to maintaining a work environment that empowers every employee to take ownership for the growth and success of the company – making sure that the best ideas are always on the table, and that the students we serve always receive our best.
The EdisonLearning Schools Core Values
Wisdom; justice; courage; compassion; hope; respect; responsibility; integrity and resilience—provide the basis for our character and ethics curriculum and student management system that contribute to building a positive learning environment. Helping students develop into responsible citizens is an integral part of the EdisonLearning program.
The role of the Academic Coach serves as part of the school’s instructional staff. The Academic Coach provides support to the principal and school’s instructional staff in data analysis and assists in building the capacity of the school and its teachers to meet the learning needs of all students. The Academic Coach’s goal is to ensure that students receive the appropriate support and interventions based on their individual needs. The Academic Coach supports teachers in their instructional practices at the classroom level and raise the level of students’ academic achievement.
This role works as a part of a team in order to meet the needs of all students. Because building relationships is a critical component of this learning environment, the team works together to identify student needs that may be barriers to success. Collaboration with team members to analyze different means of meeting student needs and communicating with students, parents, and other team members about student progress and plan for next steps, is an important aspect to the success of the achievement model.
Academic Coach Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Participates in all required Academic Coach professional development in-house and with the school district as may be assigned by the principal.
- Assist teachers in the Direct Instruction and Master Classrooms.
- Facilitates learning in the Master Classrooms and helps to plan classroom activities as directed by the teacher or administrative team.
- Assists students with their academic dashboard and assessment platforms
- Works actively with the Master Classroom teachers to actively maintain discipline in and out of the classroom, following and applying the School’s Code of Conduct in all applicable situations.
- Attends and/or participate in schoolwide activities as directed by the school administrators such as parent nights, college and career, field trips and other schoolwide events.
- Works cooperatively with the classroom teacher, ESE Coordinator, and ESOL Contact to ensure that students learning needs are being met.
- Provides guidance and mentoring opportunities for students.
- Assist in the identification of the school’s teaching and learning needs, barriers, and weaknesses by analyzing student data, and organizing and implementing problem-solving actions with teachers (in teams and individually).
- Primary support for teachers and students to include, but not be limited to, in-class coaching of students, observing, modeling of professional behavior, assisting teachers in analysis of student work and the developing of lesson plans with teachers based on student needs, supporting data analysis, supporting the integration of technology, co-planning with teachers, and conducting peer classroom walkthroughs.
- Monitor instructional effectiveness and student progress using tools and strategies gained through professional development.
- Assistance in collaborative development of district-wide diagnostic and benchmark assessments.
- Establish and maintain confidential relationships with teachers. The conversations and interactions that the coach has with teachers must always remain confidential so that a high level of trust is created and maintained between the teacher and the coach.
- Communication with supervisor and site administration through a weekly schedule/log of activities;
- All other duties assigned;
Internal: School faculty and staff, students;
External: School visitors, university representatives, community agents, and parents;
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Thinks ahead to set up requirements in advance. Prepares effective program of activities; timetabling; etc.
- Consistently tries new and different approaches to doing work;
- Demonstrates a strong sense of urgency by prioritizing and following through on commitments;
- Identifies potential obstacles to goal achievement and seeks assistance in addressing these obstacles;
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task;
- Shows increasing understanding of EdisonLearning work processes and standards;
- Thinks to ask question about actions required to produce expected results;
- Expresses interest in taking on varied projects and tasks to develop new skills in most situations;
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with co-workers by being punctual, collaborative and maintaining a pleasant work attitude;
- Associates Degree;
- Ability to use Microsoft operating system and be proficient with Microsoft Office applications to include Word and Excel, and ability to use the Internet;
- Possess excellent oral and written communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, staff, and business contacts as required;
- Exhibit flexibility with regard to workload and priorities and exhibit effective organizational/administrative skills;
- Bachelor’s Degree in related Area;
- Three (3) years’ experience of classroom teaching;
- Valid teaching credentials;
- Experience working with at-risk student population.
Benefits and other Perks:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Basic Life/AD&D – company paid
- Voluntary – Life/AD&D, Short/Long Term Disability
- Generous time off schedule (Holidays, Personal, Vacation, and Sick Time)
- Retirement Plan
- Student Loan Assistance
- Employer Paid Teladoc Mental Health support network
- Perks at Work discount site
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of EdisonLearning, Inc. to provide educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage and citizen status, age, marital status, disability, prior record of arrest or conviction (except as provided by law), sexual orientation, gender (sex), and to maintain an environment free of discriminatory harassment, including sexual harassment, or retaliation as required by civil rights law.