Age of Learning® is the leading education technology innovator, creating engaging and effective learning resources to help children build a strong foundation for academic success and a lifelong love of learning. Our research-based digital education programs have proven efficacy in increasing children’s learning gains, and our curriculum is developed by an experienced team of education experts. Age of Learning’s flagship product, ABCmouse.com® Early Learning Academy, is an award-winning comprehensive curriculum for children. Adventure Academy™, a massively multiplayer online game (MMO), provides elementary-and middle-school-age learners the opportunity to build critical knowledge in language, arts, math, science, social studies, and more in a fun and safe virtual world. The company’s School Solutions Programs include My Math Academy® , an adaptive, personalized program that helps students master foundational math concepts, and My Reading Academy™, which helps young learners become fluent readers and build a foundation for reading comprehension and literacy. With over 10 billion learning activities completed by more than 50 million children worldwide, Age of Learning is a global leader in efforts to advance equity, access, and opportunity for all children. To learn more about Age of Learning, visit www.AgeofLearning.com.
The Proposal Specialist will source procurement opportunities and lead the preparation and submission of winning proposals. The Proposal Specialist will take ownership of all proposal requirements and subsequent proposal deliverables, from receipt of the bid opportunity through proposal completion and award follow-up. This role will successfully communicate and collaborate with a variety of internal stakeholders to ensure on-time delivery of compelling, compliant, and well-written proposals. The successful candidate is expected to be a self-starter and multitasker with strong writing skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Serve as the central point of contact for all proposal opportunities.
- Serve as project manager to determine, direct, and coordinate the activities to successfully prepare and submit complex proposals, including leading kickoff calls with all relevant stakeholders and sharing information regarding timeline, deliverables, and required components to successfully bid.
- Provide regular proposal status updates throughout the compilation process.
- Develop and maintain a repository of templates, standard language, product information, exhibits, and other data resources to create high-quality and accurate responses.
- Write, revise, and edit compelling proposal responses articulating the impact of the companies’ solutions and responding to clients’ objectives. Responses should follow proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone.
- Review all content to ensure compliance with proposal requirements, evaluation criteria, and technical requirements.
- Gather and store feedback on proposals to help improve proposal content.
- Meet all deadlines for proposal including all necessary signoffs and approvals prior to submission.
- Maintain a library of submitted proposals and related components.
- Improve other internal processes, as needed.
- Establish and maintain a collaborative partnership with internal and external stakeholders.
- Complete other projects as assigned.
- 2+ years of overall progressive experience, centered around proposal writing, in fast-paced, deadline-driven, high volume proposal environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Business, or another relevant field
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Expert in use of business productive tools such as Outlook, Word, Excel PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat; experience with Smartsheet a plus
- Self-starter who is decisive, detail-oriented, and driven to excellence
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously under very tight deadlines
- Excellent organizational, time management and multitasking abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills needed to lead internal team meetings related to each proposal and clearly communicate responsibilities and due dates to all contributors
- Travel Requirements: less than 10% of the time
- Work Hours: varies upon the needs of the business
- 2+ years of experience with PreK-12 education market highly desired
The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is $70,000 USD to $80,000 USD. Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
Age of Learning currently provides:
• 90% of employee health and welfare benefits premiums & 65% of dependent benefits premiums
• A 401(k) program with employer match
• 15 paid vacation days (increases to 20 days on your 3-year anniversary), 11 observed national paid holidays plus 9 sick days
• Our flexible work culture means 2 or more days in the office (hybrid) or 100% fully remote options available for most positions
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Age of Learning, Inc. (the “Company”) is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, domestic partner status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.