Specialist, Learning & Development
The Specialist, Learning and Development role is to plan, conduct, and administer programs that train Team Members and improve their skills and knowledge. This person will assign, track, and report on training for the overall Team Member population.
Core Job Responsibilities:
At Resorts World Las Vegas, we believe that every member of our team is an ambassador and is essential to the success of our company. We expect all Team Members to take personal ownership in ensuring everything they do is in the best interest of the company and that all will adhere to our five core non-negotiable responsibilities.
- Everyone is an Ambassador – No matter where you work at Resorts World Las Vegas, it is your responsibility to treat this property like you would your own home. No one gets hurt, everyone feels secure, the environment is clean, and every guest gets what they need.
- Everyone works in Safety – If you have a safety concern, it is your responsibility to address it by correcting it or notifying the appropriate department or individual.
- Everyone works in Security – If you See Something, it is your responsibility to Say Something. You must notify the appropriate department or individual if you feel there is a security concern.
- Everyone works in EVS – If there is trash on the floor, it is your responsibility to pick it up. If it is a mess that needs more attention, it is your responsibility to notify the appropriate department or individual.
- Everyone works in Guest Experience – If a guest needs assistance, it is your responsibility to assist that guest and do so with a smile. If the guest needs more assistance than you can provide, it is your responsibility to notify the appropriate department or individual.
Primary Job Responsibilities – Includes, but is not limited to:
- Manage Learning Space, Calendar, and Administrative ordering, stocking, and Learning Management System.
- Support the Training Manager and Director of HR – Learning and Development in all aspects.
- Identify training needs by evaluating strengths and weaknesses of training.
- Translate requirements into trainings that will groom employees for the next step of their career path.
- Build annual training program and prepare teaching plans as needed.
- Develop or oversee the production of classroom handouts, instructional materials, aids and manuals.
- Direct structured learning experiences and monitor their quality results.
- Hold workshops, lectures, and trainings as well conduct surveys.
- Acclimate new hires to the business and conduct orientation sessions.
- Deliver training courses.
- Assist in the operations of the Internship Program.
- Assist in operations of Leadership Development.
- Periodically evaluate ongoing programs to ensure that they reflect any changes or updates.
- Maintain cleanliness of all Learning Spaces including satellite locations.
- MGT – Ensure that Team Members obtain and maintain position-specific licensing.
- Use personal device/cellular phone for job related operational tasks, job duties, review of company documents, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have at least 1 year of Learning & Development/HR or related experience.
- Proven experience in designing multiple training events in a corporate setting.
- Knowledge of instructional design theory and learning principles.
- Proven ability to master the full training cycle.
- Adequate knowledge of learning management software.
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods, tools and techniques.
- Familiarity with talent management and succession planning.
- Ability to conduct cost-benefit analysis and calculate training ROI.
- Sound decision making and organizational skills.
- Ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences.
- Proficiency in MS Office and in database software.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English.
- Polished appearance and demeanor.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to obtain & maintain full knowledge and understanding of company and department rules and regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ability to speak Spanish.
- Previous experience facilitating to adult learners in multiple ways -i.e. Classroom/Teams/etc.
- Previous experience working in a large, luxury resort setting.
- Previous experience using a Learning Management System.
- MGT of Union TM – Experience managing employees using a collective bargaining agreement.