Technical Training Instructor
At FANUC America Corporation we are passionate about our customers, our employees, and the work we perform. We maintain a workplace where individuals can be proud of, where talents are embraced, and results are encouraged and supported.
We are looking for talented people who value integrity, informed decision-making and collaboration. If you believe you are one of those talented people and are interested in being considered for a career at FANUC America, we invite you to apply today!
FANUC America Corporation provides the most complete range of industry-leading robotics, CNC and motion control systems, and ROBODRILL machining centers. Our innovative technologies and proven expertise help manufacturers in the Americas to be more efficient, reliable and profitable. We are currently searching for a dynamic, Technical Training Instructor who will report to our Hoffman Estates, IL location.
The FANUC Instructor teaches technical subject matter to customers, distributors and FANUC America personnel. The training courses cover FANUC product line subject matter such as programming, operations, electrical servicing, and mechanical maintenance of robots and CNC machines. Courses also cover application specific FANUC options related to vision systems, spot welding, arc welding, palletizing, CNC systems, and collaborative robots.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Provide technical training for customers, distributors and employees
- Teach FANUC curriculum, the classes will contain the following: Power Point Presentations with Objectives and tasks, Detailed Instructor outlines, Student outlines and handouts, Objective based exercises, Pre-test and post test, and Use of simulators or machine tools
- Report discrepancies between product and documentation to appropriate departments
- Suggest improvements to the class curriculum
- Prepare and maintain classrooms, training simulators and laboratory and the training office area to ensure a “Best in Class” training experience for the students
- Provide feedback to improve FAC’s employee culture and customer experience
- Provide support to customers and FAC departments by answering technical questions and advising appropriate action to resolve a problem
- Requires up to 50% travel
Ideal candidate will have the following experience and education:
- Bachelor's degree in education, Instructional Design, technical related field, or equivalent relevant experience
- Experience with production automation process operations and functionality preferred
- Understand basic Electrical, Mechanical and Pneumatic theory
- Proficient Electronic and Basic Electrical and Mechanical print reading
- Ability to learn, understand, and write code programs, as well as learn new technical and troubleshooting skills
- Capability to interface with other technical writers and instructors for the purposes of project coordination, continuity and completion
- Identify process inefficiencies and suggests solutions to eliminate them
We offer market competitive pay and benefits programs, as well as opportunities for advancement, knowledge and skill development, and recognition of individual achievements. In addition, we offer the following benefits to our employees:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Program
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Benefit Dollars
- Generous Holiday & Vacation Program