West Outbound Sales Representative
CharacterStrong’s Background & Mission
CharacterStrong is a fast-paced, tech education company that makes PreK-12 digital, social-emotional learning curricula and offers professional development opportunities to support schools with ongoing implementation. There’s currently a team of about 52 full-time employees, several part-time employees, and over 30 presenters collaborating to bring this work to life. Our mission is to create a more loving world through education.
At CharacterStrong, you will have the opportunity to make a positive impact on education, both in the United States and internationally. CharacterStrong employees offer their innovativeness, dedication to excellence, and compassion to help produce curricula for students and training for educators that lead to student outcomes.
CharacterStrong’s Company Values & Norms
- We Produce Excellence - Producing timely, quality results and consistently asking the question, “How can we make this 1% better?”
- We Take Full Ownership - Taking initiative to drive work forward, demonstrating responsibility when things do not go according to plan, and being proactive in closing identified gaps.
- We Practice Kindness - Exercising inclusion, care, and empathy with others, balancing honesty with compassion, and cultivating the well-being of self and others.
- We Problem-Solve - Identifying issues, analyzing for understanding, and taking action to implement the best possible solution.
Regional Director’s Responsibilities
- Effectively prospect a targeted list of Schools and Districts (K-12) in an assigned territory/region.
- Develop a referral system to consistently develop new leads to grow the pipeline and meet/exceed regional goals.
- Develop a plan to create leads, close contracts, and nurture the relationships after the sale.
- Skillfully diagnose client needs and match CharacterStrong’s solutions with key decision makers, close business, and grow sales revenue.
- Develop and execute a 90-day plan for the region you are charged with which includes: Revenue goals, Sales Strategy, and providing strong leadership within the team.
- Increase the lifetime value of CharacterStrong users by renewing contracts and upselling based upon their needs.
- Demonstrate networking and social media outreach skills to connect with Administrators as well as other key stakeholders to generate interest, pipeline opportunities and new business.
- Travel weekly (2 weeks minimum out of the month to other states in your territory and 1 week around your home) and meet with district leaders in-person to build relationships and close sales with prospective and current customers (minimum 10 days of in-person sales).
- Create a strategy around attending conferences in your territory and find opportunities to present at a breakout session or sponsor a keynote opportunity in addition to having a booth.
- Highly skillful at diagnosing and assessing client needs at a strategic level. Exhibit a personable presence and create credibility in face-to-face meetings and on live Zoom meetings.
- Partner with CharacterStrong champions to tell their stories at conferences, webinars, podcasts, etc. to generate interest and increase the pipeline.
- Fill and attend CharacterStrong’s Regional Trainings within your assigned region.
- Fill and attend CharacterStrong’s National Conference.
- Manage an annual sales travel budget.
- Our West Sales Rep should live in one of the following states within our west region: CA, OR, or WA
- Strong relationship-building skills.
- At least 3-5 years of successful sales experience in corporate and/or K-12 education OR at least 3-5 years of experience in education, in a teacher or administrator role, with demonstrated capabilities to transition into an education sales role.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to facilitate compelling, polished sales presentations for targeted K-12 decision makers.
- Extremely organized, and consistent with strong attention to detail.
- Thrives in an upbeat, fast-paced environment.
- Produces timely, quality results and consistently asks the question, “How can I make this 1% better?”
- Takes initiative to drive work forward, demonstrates responsibility when things do not go according to plan, and is proactive in closing identified gaps.
- Exercises inclusion, care, and empathy with others, balances honesty with compassion, and cultivates the well-being of self and others.
- Thorough experience with CRMs, Google Suite applications, and proven ability to quickly learn other programs like Notion, Slack, and other related data management systems.
- Requires a skill set in consultative sales with demonstrated capability in the areas of lead generation, prospecting, forecasting, and driving quality opportunities to closure.
CharacterStrong views diversity and the unique ways team members establish connections with our student and educator populations as an asset. Our goal is to ensure we have a team at CharacterStrong which reflects the diverse student population we serve.
CharacterStrong is an equal opportunity employer. We provide for fair treatment of all employees based on merit. In accordance with applicable law, race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and transgender status), marital status, religion, age, disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law does not affect employment opportunities or practices such as hiring, promotion, development opportunities, pay, or benefits. CharacterStrong complies with all applicable federal, state, and local labor laws.
Salary & Benefits
- Starting Base Salary $100,000
- Quarterly Bonuses Available Based on Performance
- Annual bonus based on company performance
- New laptop computer, AirPods, and other needed equipment
- Annual Individual Budget for Professional Development of $1,000
- 401k Plan after 12 months of Employment
- Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Plan
- 15 Paid Vacation Days, 8 Paid Sick Days, 14 Paid Company Holidays