Adult ESL Teacher
Instructors at NYEA benefit from being part of a highly qualified and supportive academic team which affords significant autonomy within a structured curriculum. Instructors here speak a variety of languages, have taught in dozens of different countries, and have (or are earning) advanced degrees in a variety of fields. Our students are dedicated and motivated adult professionals, artists, travelers, and academics. Instructors have the opportunity to get involved in school activities and take on additional teaching positions as needed including private lessons and substituting.
Candidates must have
- A bachelor’s degree
- Two years teaching experience AND TEFL/TESOL certification
- One year teaching experience AND
- A master’s in TESOL, education, applied linguistics, or a related field OR
- A Cambridge CELTA or Trinity CertTESOL teaching certification
- NYS Certification: candidates must qualify to be licensed under New York State’s Bureau of Proprietary School Supervision (BPSS). New faculty members must submit the required application within 90 days of the date of hire. Failure to obtain the required licensing may result in termination.
Job Type: Part-time (18 hours)
Pay: $23.00 per hour