Associate Director, Learning, Development, and Engagement
Dianthus Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotechnology company dedicated to designing and delivering novel, best-in-class monoclonal antibodies with improved selectivity and potency over existing complement therapies.
On May 3rd, 2023, Dianthus announced it entered into a reverse merger transaction with Magenta Therapeutics, a publicly traded biotech company, to create a new public company with the sole focus on advancing Dianthus’ pipeline of next generation complement therapies. With the cash expected from both companies at closing and the proceeds of the concurrent private financing, the combined company is expected to have approximately $180 million of cash or cash equivalents immediately post-closing.
Dianthus has a steady cadence of milestones with DNTH103 including top line Phase 1 data aiming to confirm potent classical pathway inhibition and favorable, extended PK expected by the end of 2023, initiation of planned Phase 2 trial in generalized Myasthenia Gravis expected in Q1 2024 followed by two additional planned Phase 2 trial initiations in other neuro indications, and planned initiation of an open label proof of efficacy trial in Cold Agglutinin Disease with patient data expected in 2H 2024.
About the Role
As the Associate Director, Learning, Development and Engagement you will have a significant impact on fostering our remote and hybrid work culture, continuing the efforts to build an organization with a growth mindset.
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, you will be responsible for planning, implementing, and supporting all events and opportunities related to the improvement of learning and development to enhance staff engagement and communication. The successful candidate will partner with the leaders across the company to collectively build and maintain a thriving culture and community by facilitating learning, development, and connections between staff and teams. This individual will ensure that we are well prepared for significant growth of our team and that the new team members are successfully integrated into the company culture while continuing to foster and develop employee capabilities.
This is a unique opportunity to join a clinical-stage organization and help implement best practices for development and overall engagement. We are building a culture of individuals who hold our core principles at the center of our operations, with the goal to elevate the care of our patients’ lives. We are open to you working remotely.
Learning & Development
- Research and identify professional development opportunities that add value to staff upskilling and retention
- Coordinate the schedule, develop agendas, and maintain a calendar of team building and development opportunities
- New people manager training
- Leadership development
- Collaborate with various departments to ensure a cohesive approach to employee engagement and development
- Develop internal L&D content library to support the onboarding of new hires
Employee Engagement & Team Building
- Determine employee engagement and team-building needs by working with management and staff as initiatives are implemented, document, evaluate, and report outcomes.
- Develop methods to listen and learn from staff experiences (e.g., employee engagement surveys, pulse surveys, etc.)
- Analyze & present employee engagement survey results and create action plans to address areas of opportunity
- Create and manage employee milestone and recognition programs
- Identify and partner with vendors to develop, coordinate and facilitate team-building opportunities
- Design written and visual content related to candidate and employee engagement activities and initiatives
- Manage internal communication campaigns to keep employees informed and engaged on company news, events, and initiatives
- Plan semi-annual all-company meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, human resources, organizational development, marketing, communications, or another related field.
- Minimum five years of professional level experience.
- Minimum two years of relevant/direct experience in human resources, organizational development, and/or employee engagement.
- Experience working for an organization with a culturally diverse and/or globally distributed workforce.
- Intellectual curiosity and a strong willingness to generate new ideas and capture lessons learned.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with multiple stakeholders across an organization including executive leadership.
- Results-driven, highly organized, and detail-oriented approach to work with a commitment to excellence.
- Awareness and support for discretion as required for HR functions and business purposes.
- High standard of sensitivity with confidential information required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
More About Us
Since raising a $100M Series A in April 2022 co-led by 5AM Ventures, Avidity Partners, and Fidelity Management & Research Company, with participation from additional investors including Wedbush Healthcare Partners and founding investors Fairmount, Tellus BioVentures, and Venrock Healthcare Capital Partners, Dianthus continues to make progress in advancing its lead monoclonal antibody, DNTH103.
On May 3rd, 2023, Dianthus announced it entered into a reverse merger transaction with Magenta Therapeutics, a publicly traded biotech company, to create a new public company with the sole focus on advancing Dianthus’ pipeline of next generation complement therapies. In support of the merger, Dianthus has secured commitments for a $70 million private investment in its common stock and pre-funded warrants from a syndicate of healthcare investors led by Fidelity Management & Research Company, Catalio Capital Management, 5AM Ventures, Avidity Partners, Wedbush Healthcare Partners and founding investors Fairmount, Tellus BioVentures and Venrock Healthcare Capital Partners, that is expected to close immediately prior to completion of the merger. With the cash expected from both companies at closing and the proceeds of the concurrent private financing, the combined company is expected to have approximately $180 million of cash or cash equivalents immediately post-closing.