Student Services Coordinator
The Samuel Ginn College of Engineering’s Computer Science and Software Engineering department is seeking candidates for the position Student Services Coordinator I/II/III. This position will primarily provide advising and related services to our students, while also assisting with projects, programs, and activities for CSSE undergraduate and graduate on-campus and online students. The successful candidate will play an integral role in delivering the best student-centered experience to all CSSE students.
About Auburn: At Auburn, our work changes lives. Ranked by U.S. News and World Report as a premier public institution, Auburn University is dedicated to shaping the future of the people of Alabama, the nation, and the world through forward-thinking education, life-enhancing research, scholarship and selfless service. Auburn is nationally recognized for its commitment to academic excellence, community outreach, positive work environment, student engagement, and thriving community.
It’s a Lifestyle: The Auburn/Opelika area is a page right out of Southern Living magazine with an idyllic small-town feel, perfecting a unique balance between a close-knit community and driving consistent growth and development. Paralleling the exponential growth of Auburn University, the Auburn/Opelika area boasts services and amenities that cater to any interest. We’re proud of our top school systems, city services, award-winning restaurants, and the infectious spirit of life in a college town. You can find us nestled halfway between the beach and the mountains in a lower-cost-of-living area, two hours outside of Atlanta or Birmingham. If you’re new to Auburn, we’d love to introduce you. If you’re already acquainted with Auburn, we’ll keep it simple: it’s time to come home!
Why employees choose Auburn: Auburn University was named by Forbes Magazine as one of the state of Alabama’s best employers, with employees staying an average of ten years. Employees enjoy competitive benefits that include top-notch health insurance, generous retirement plans, tuition assistance for employees and dependents, flexible spending accounts and more! Learn more about Auburn’s impact, generous employee benefits, and thriving community by visiting aub.ie/working-at-auburn.
Our Commitment: Auburn University is committed to a diverse and inclusive campus environment. Visit www.auburn.edu/inclusion to learn more about our commitment to expanding equity and inclusion for all.
- Essential FunctionsAssists and advises students with academic related issues such as (but not limited to) University or CSSE policies and procedures, course selection, supplemental instruction, registration, graduation application, financial aid, scholarship opportunities/processes, certification programs, assistantships, internships, and/or job skill development.
- Advises students in matters related to goals, policies, choice of curriculum, course load, study habits, course scheduling, academic action and problem resolution
- Reviews and maintains student records such as coordinating input, evaluating transcripts, applications for admission job placement activities, and/or generating reports.
- Actively involved in professional development opportunities at the campus level.
- Develops contacts with departments and faculty.
- Support the department in program administration with duties to include (but not limited to) coordinating tutoring programs, data analytics, pre-admission support, and assisting with marketing and recruiting both undergraduate and graduate students.
- Coordinate activities related to field experiences, internships and job placement of graduates.
- Assist in the development and/or preparation of informational materials relevant to students, alumni, and/or donors such as (but not limited to) updating websites, creating brochures, press releases, or newsletters.
- Recruits or coordinates the recruitment of students for all of the department’s academic programs to include arranging departmental tours and meeting with prospective students/ parents/faculty. Develop and maintain on-going relationships with both undergraduate and graduate prospective students.
- Work with the college’s offices and staff in performing job duties. May assist in educational related activities related to the accreditation process.
Education and Experience:
Level I: Bachelor’s degree in discipline appropriate to position with no experience.
Level II: Bachelor’s degree in discipline appropriate to position plus 2 years experience. Experience must include at least 2 years at the preceding level or equivalent.
Level III: Bachelor’s degree in discipline appropriate to position plus 4 years experience. Experience must include at least 2 years at the preceding level or equivalent.
Scope of Experience:
Experience in advising and/or coordinating student services or experience related to the specific academic area.
Substitutions allowed for Experience:
When a candidate has the required education, but lacks the required experience, they may normally apply additional appropriate education toward the experience requirement, at a rate of one (1) year relevant education per year of required experience.
Minimum Skills, License, and Certifications
Minimum Skills and AbilitiesExperience in advising and/or coordinating student services or experience related to the specific academic area.
Experience in advising and/or coordinating student services or experience related to the specific academic area. Experience in higher education. Preferred a master’s degree.
$33,400 - $64,200
Auburn University is committed to an inclusive and diverse campus environment. Women, underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Instructions to Applicants: Provide 3 references