Training & Development Supervisor, Contact Center
The Training & Development Supervisor is responsible for managing all training and quality assurance activities within the Contact Center, including a virtual new hire training. Their role is key to the employee experience, including onboarding new hires, facilitating ongoing training and development, and coaching associates to their full potential. Additionally, the Training & Development Supervisor supports all areas of the operation by collaborating with the leadership team on key initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage weekly training and quality assurance workload, while collaborating with leadership team to ensure programs are executed effectively.
- Facilitate effective virtual training for new hires using a variety of delivery methods to increase engagement and retention.
- Demonstrate effective presentation, group facilitation, and adult learning techniques in program delivery.
- Continually evaluate training progress, procedures, and surveys to gauge course effectiveness and update curriculum as needed.
- Participate in the design, development, testing, and implementation of new training material.
- Coordinate with vendors and internal development teams to ensure the quality of products and timely delivery.
- Coordinate onboarding activities with cross-functional partners (i.e., IT tickets, welcome emails, equipment receipt, and first day system setup) to ensure a positive onboarding experience.
- Provide regular feedback to leadership team regarding new hire training progress.
- Evaluate delivery of training programs and provide coaching to develop trainer facilitation skills.
- Demonstrate leadership presence in a virtual classroom, setting expectations up front, and addressing any issues with trainees in a one-on-one setting. Escalate unresolved issues to leadership in a timely manner.
- Create and deliver ongoing training courses to increase Contact Center Associates’ understanding of challenging products or processes.
- Collaborate with the Process Improvement team to create and deliver training for new technology and Contact Center processes.
- Support the Knowledge Database through feedback, as well as written content.
- Oversee monthly quality assurance audits by delegating workload, ensuring timely completion and coaching, and spot-checking audit scoring to ensure alignment.
- Lead quality assurance calibrations with a focus on the overall customer experience.
- Assist in auditing associate call/email performance as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Staff supervision and development – Yes
- Decision making – Yes
- Travel – 5%
- Location – Remote
- Workspace Requirements
- Each Contact Center Associate is required to have a space within their home to create a desk setup that is conducive to remote work. Additionally, an internet speed of 1GB or greater is required (HFT supports all Contact Center Associates with a monthly Internet Allowance to offset cost of maintaining 1GB speed).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Education, Communications, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft O365
- Training facilitation
- Training design/creation skills
- Understanding of adult learning principles
Skills (Preferred / Desired)
- Knowledge of virtual training best practices
- Experience with eLearning development software
- 5+ years’ experience in training facilitation, learning & development, or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in a supervisory role
Additional Qualifications (behavioral traits, certifications, etc.)
- Drive for Results – Uses data to set priorities and translates goals into action plans. Consistently pushes self and others for results; eliminates roadblocks. Is quick to act based on changing business needs.
- Developing Direct Reports & Others – Constructs compelling development plans and executes them. Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments. Provides coaching and direction to direct and indirect reports.
- Motivating Others – Creates a climate in which people want to do their best. Motivates and inspires direct reports and teams. Makes each individual feel their work is important.
- Managing and Measuring Work – Ensures effective time management and contributions to workload for self and others. Sets clear and measurable objectives. Monitors process, progress and results and provides effective coaching.
- Managerial Courage – Does not hold back what needs to be said and is not afraid to take action. Provides on time, direct, complete, and actionable positive and corrective feedback to others.
- Customer Focus – Role models delivering an exceptional customer experience every time. Uses good judgment and acts with teams and customers in mind. Understands and teaches how operational execution directly affects the customer experience. Establishes and maintains positive interactions with customers, peers, and associates through respectful and effective communication.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $72,400 – $108,600 depending on location, knowledge, skills, education and experience. This position is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus. In addition, we offer comprehensive and competitive benefits to Associates (and their families) such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability. Eligible Associates are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan. Associates will accrue paid time off up to 200 hours per year (inclusive of PTO, floating holidays, and paid holidays). Paid sick time up to 80 hours per year unless otherwise required by law.
About Harbor Freight Tools
We’re a family-owned business with over 45 years as a national tool retailer, and with the energy, enthusiasm, and growth potential of a start-up. We are a $6.75+ billion company with over 1,350 stores in 48 states, 25,000+ Associates, and one of the fastest-growing retailers in the country.